Clear all

Does such a thing exist?

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm looking for a 15 watt all tube amp with E.Q., standby, (optional) reverb, Gain, Master volume, and a little switch that makes it go to one watt so I can crank it for bedroom jamming and recording (an annutentator can be used, but the total cost of everything has to be on budget)... for 500 bucks. It can be used, I can build it, it could be a head and a cabinet, etc. etc. as long as its in the budget. Does this exist??? :shock:

EDIT: BTW no ebay.... sorry folks...

Stairway to Freebird!

(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=122/g=guitar/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/480491/

thats the fender blues junio, its got everyhting but the option to limit wattage, and the gain boost but your $100 under budget, so im sure you can pick one up with the leftover cash

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=122/g=guitar/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/481948/

the vox amp has got a gain boost, but an EQ for only 2 bands. Its also got reverb, and tremolo. This one is even cheaper, only$119 compared to the $399 blues juniotr.

If youre worried about money, i say take the vox, its got almsot the same features as the fender, for alot less money.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

terribly sorry yoyo, i realized it too late that the vox amp isnt a tube amp, i guess i have to learn to read next time. :oops: :oops:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=122/g=guitar/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/487826/

why dont you try this instead, its a decent 15W amp with gain boost, and everything you want ecept that watt limitage option. Its the same price as the fender, but its got 1 more feature you want

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

terribly sorry yoyo, i realized it too late that the vox amp isnt a tube amp, i guess i have to learn to read next time. :oops: :oops:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=122/g=guitar/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/487826/

why dont you try this instead, its a decent 15W amp with gain boost, and everything you want ecept that watt limitage option. Its the same price as the fender, but its got 1 more feature you want

That looks pretty good, but do you know the differences between that and the Blues Junior??? Thanks alot man... :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

You stole my idea! By the way, did you see when will farell guest hosted(SNL) the other night and queens of the stoneage were on? He dressed up like the more guy he played in the more cowbell skit and well...wailed on that cowbell. (Yes I know, completely off topic)

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Apparently, ths amp does not exist on crate's website, so ill jsut copy paste the features of each.

Blues Junior

This warm-toned favorite takes our 15-watt, tube preamp and power amp platform and pushes it through a 12” Fender® Special Design speaker. Add our renowned Fender Reverb, flexible controls, and footswitchable FAT circuit for golden tones.

• 15 watts into 8 Ohms
• Two EL-84 Groove Tube output tubes
• Three 12AX7 preamp tubes
• 1 x 12” 8 Ohm Fender Special Design Eminence speaker
• Master, Preamp Volume, Bass, Middle and Treble
• FAT switch
• Fender Reverb
• Footswitch jack for remote FAT on/off
• Chrome panel
• Vintage pointer knobs
• Black textured vinyl with silver grille cloth
• 16” H x 18” W x 9.18” D
• 31 lbs.

Class A design for rich, powerful tone.

An exclusive combo with a toneful soul wrapped in Sunday's best, the V16 delivers instant response with touch sensitivity that will make you shout. Vintage-style cream tolex and gold hardware covered cabinet houses a 15W Class A tube circuit, a 12" Celestion speaker, and spring reverb. The single channel has a Boost function that kicks in driving, rich tone as well as Gain, 3-band EQ, Level, and Reverb knobs.

Features:

15W power
Class A tube circuit
Single channel with Boost switch
12" Celestion speaker
Gain, 3-band EQ, Level, Reverb knobs
Spring reverb
18-1/2"W x 16-1/2"H x 9-1/2"D
38 lbs.

the features list are off musicians friend.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Crate is a wierd company. Every few years they seem to decide to produce a superb amp or two, and every few years they decide to produce a real dog. I would be leary of buying any crate without getting my hands on it first.

Don't be me wrong, they have made some excpetional amps, but they've made some real dogs too.

Fender amps have, by contrast, always shown a very good quality level except for a sad period in the 80's when they moved away almost completely from tubes and spent 2 or 3 years making nothing but suckage.

Blues Junior is a very high quality amp.

The Crate I have no idea on, it might be great, it might be no where close, I really have no clue.

As for price, I found a couple Fender Blues Juniors running about $200-$250 on ebay, and about the same for the Crates. So you should be able to pick up either for considerably less than your budget.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like this one would meet most of your requirements: http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=VINTAGE16&CID=GA

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Sounds like this one would meet most of your requirements: http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=VINTAGE16&CID=GA

Wow, that is definatly a contender, but one stupid question: "Soak" is gain, right?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Right.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote