Clear all

Acoustic stand

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@necrotic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

This isn't a sound question directly but it does deal with live playing so I guess this is the place to ask it. Where can I find a stand to hold up an acoustic guitar at playing height. To clarify, something like Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth has here:

I have no idea exactly what they are called so I don't know where to begin looking. Help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Your pic doesn't work... Sorry.. Maybe you are talking about a strap??

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

No, I know what he's talking about. It's like a mike stand, but holds a guitar at playing height and in playing position. I've seen a couple of people use them - they play most of the song on an electric and for the solo or whatever step over and play acoustic.

What you need, then is
Gracie PS-A Performer Guitar Stand or the
Mbrace Guitar Support System

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Woah.. Thats cool! A little pricey though....

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I know on the "Rush in Rio" dvd, Alex Lifeson uses one of those things to hold his ovation during the songs "The Trees."

They are very cool, and I would love one, but I have never ever seen one in store.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Interesting. I'd think using it might be a little dicey though. It's hard to imagine the guitar being in a fixed position while playing it. I don't know about you folks, but I move the guitar around a bit while playing. You couldn't do that with the stand. It would take a bit of getting used to.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@necrotic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sorry bout the pic, it worked when I posted. But yes, thats exactly what i need. Many thanks, greybeard.

ReplyQuote