Notifications
Clear all

Don't you wish you were rich!

35 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Rant on, undercat. It's not that I "don't get it." I just think it's stupid. As long as folks have that kind of money to blow, it's theirs to spend however they want to. "A fool and his money are soon parted." Yeah, I'm calling the guitar investors fools. May not be today or tomorrow, but there will be a "market correction." Those guitars won't be so outrageously valuable to future generations that didn't grow up hooked on the music that was played on them (when they WERE for playing), and their value will go down. Just like Model T Fords dropped when the people who grew up with them got too old for car collecting. Hardly anybody wants one now. The musclecars of the '60s are the big thing now.

Furthermore, "collectibles" only have appreciating value in good economic times. Their liquidity and value will drop like bricks if the economy goes sour. Collectors who bought into it early before the big price rise are riding pretty now, but someone will be left holding the bag.

No vintage guitars for me. I only want something I can play, and its value is strictly what it's worth to me for playing.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

there is more to life than just guitar.we (or atleast) i am not hell crazy about them.But when i become bill gates or allen or dell or ambani then i will sure buy martin D-100 and a Steinway 650000 $ piano 8)

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I agree with basically everything you said, Ricochet. I also get guitars exclusively for their playing value and watch in amazement as big money trades hands for old wood.

I just don't think we should knock the wealthy guys who put up the big money for guitars. Some of them spend it on planes and yachts, some of them spend it on rare guitars.

Personally, I think if I had a pile of money, I think I'd be in the guitar category. I don't really like yachts that much, and I REALLY like guitars... 8)

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, it sounds like a better way to blow money to me, too. If I were in that category I'd probably blow some on a Ford GT while I was at it.
:lol:

I think I finally figured out why I haven't won the lottery yet. I haven't bought a ticket!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, it sounds like a better way to blow money to me, too. If I were in that category I'd probably blow some on a Ford GT while I was at it.
:lol:

I think I finally figured out why I haven't won the lottery yet. I haven't bought a ticket!

You didn't win , man , think again.What about the gibson acoustic 6000 $ if i am not mistaken.I still have the pic of that guitar in my computer (of course with you on it :evil: ) :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3