Dunlop straplocks question ..

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I feel stupid asking this, but how are you supposed to put them on the straps? I thought you are supposed to slip the little "half cut-away" washer through the hole in the strap so that it is on the inside of the strap and the larger washer on the outside, but I can't seem to squeeze it through .. then it occurred to me that maybe I just don't know how this is supposed to fit together :-(

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Here are instructions to install them on your strap. It is not easy, I struggle getting them on everytime I put it one on a strap. But, once they are on - they stay on!

http://www.popsmusic.com/paypal_store/qchord/straplock.htm

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks very much for that pointer! I didn't realize I have to take apart the button. It makes a lot more sense now.

--vink

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Is there a trick to getting the retainer clip off? It seems really tight in its grove, I could not force it off with my fingers, and I didn't want to use any tools and damage it.. thanks!

--vink

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I use the end of a flat head screw driver. You need not worry about scratching it.

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

The flathead screw driver did the trick, and the strap locks are now fully functional. I had to trim the hole in the strap a tiny bit. Thank you for all your help!

--vink

ReplyQuote