Clear all

Effect use

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I didnt know which forum to put this in so i chose this one.

So i just bought a new amp, it gets here on tuesday. Its an Orange AD30 HTC with a 2x12 cab. I plan on buying this pedal as well. http://zvex.com/super.html I also plan on using my PODxt as an effects box (with the amp simulation off) for like delay and the like (because i hate the distortions, though i havent tried them on the new amp).

So should I put the POD before the Zvex pedal or should i switch those two? It seems like i would overload the POD if i put the Zvex first (and an overloaded POD sounds like crap) but I dont know. What do you think?

aka Izabella

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Here is a good site that talks about different guitar effects and gives good recommendations on order. There are no hard and fast rules to this, but there are reasons to use some effects in a particular order for better results.

http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/fx.htm

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Most decent digital modelers handle pedals in front of them well, just lower the input sensitivity if it starts clipping. The most important factor would be which order of effects you want, you can forget about the difference between the POD and pedals.

ReplyQuote
(@marshallscottw)
Estimable Member

Hook the POD Guitar>POD>Amp
THEN... Hook the other one through your effects loop. if ya have one.
I noticed with my amp (5150 Halfstack) that there's a 1/4 volume decrease when the effects loop is switched on. This happened when I had my FX board hooked up through it. SO I tried just hooking the FX board up from guitar to amp and the problem was solved. But I was pissed that my effects loop was crap so I tried a single pedal, such as a stomp pedal. And I'll be damned it it worked.

"You're a God among insects. Never let anyone tell you differenately." -Magneto, XMen

ReplyQuote