Clear all

Electric / Acoustic

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Looking into acquiring an acoustic possibly with on board electronics.

Can someone give me a quick run down on what the different options are?
What to look for? What to stay away from?

Can they be plugged into a good clean amp or do you need to get an acoustic amp?

As always I appreciate the help and respect all opinions. :D

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I have two acoustics with bridge p/u's, I've played them both through a Fender frontman 15G and a 15W Roland Cube, both sounded OK to me... though you may have to do a fair bit of fiddling around with settings till you get the sound you're looking for....

The moral of the story being, always write down what settings you used for a particular song...saves a lot of time in the long run!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

mike......when it comes to acoustics with onboard electronics....by far the leading company in this catagory is yamaha...yamahas are used mostly in recording studios because they do produce the best sounds i believe but people dont apreciate them just because ther yamahas....ther a little more pricy then others....but they are prolyl ur best bet...i have one its the best guitar i have....ur other options are like the japaneese guitars like tacuma (i dunno if thats rite) but basically ther alot less and ur getting for wat u pay for ther.....

go yamaha u should be able to get something amazing for under $1000

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

and mike...u prolyl dont need a new amp....just make sure that u have ur amp on full clean when u plug the guitar in.....if u did get a new amp im sure it would sound better...but any amp shud work fine

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Yamaha... and Takamine, Ovation, and more...

Lots to choose from, at various prices.

Your existing amp should be fine, so long as you stay away from the distortion channel.

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@kachman)
Estimable Member

I have a Takamine - Its got a notch filter to eliminate feedback which is a common problem with plugged acoustics and I hear a lot of good reviews on it based mostly on that feature. Ironically enough I don't have an amp yet so I play unplugged for now (due to finances I gotta get the gear in stages) so I can't say much on amps.....

http://www.myspace.com/kachman

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks to all for your responses. Much appreciated.

Mike

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote