Clear all

Epi LP and elitist LP

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I asked this before but unfortuanetly no answer. In that strats vs les paul post, everyone started talking about weight and sound chambers on the LP. I'm wondering if any one knows if epi does the same thing with its LP and elitist LP line. I played an epi LP custom at GC and didn't seem that heavy, just a little more than my strat. Does anyone know anything about the elitist LP weight? I'm guessing that it would be close the the LP custom, but i'm not sure

Thanks

(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I think there's some variation even among the same type but IIRC the Elite LP studios I tried were a bit lighter than the Gibson version, but much heavier than a strat.

By the way, the build quality on all the elites was better than most of the CAD2500 and under Gibbies I looked at. When I looked at regular Epis a year ago I wasn't that impressed.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Have u ever played an elite LP. if u did can u tell me some things about it. i'm considering one for my next guitar

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I tried 3 elites 2 studio and 1 custom I believe. Both my uncle and myself prefered the sound of the elites to the Gibsons I played. Perhaps the Elites are a bit brighter but I liked the sound. The only Gibson I tried that I really liked was 2-2.5x the price of the Elites, all of which I liked.

The Elites are definately quality instruments. The finish on all the examplars I saw was excellent. Personally, I think they easily overlap the lower priced Gibsons and it comes down to individual guitars and individual taste.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The regular Epis will be much lighter then Gibson Lps due to the woods being used. An Epi LP std is made from alder with little bits of mahony, whereas a proper LP is made of all-mahony.

ReplyQuote