ESP EC-50 Guitar???

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@youngrawker)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Electric?sku=516672

Does anyone know anything decent about this guitar??? It seems pretty good for a Les Paul knockoff, I just want to know what others have to say about it.

(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member

id say its probably better than most guitars at the price but u get what u pay for none the less

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

My first electric was an ESP/LTD.

One of the things with these guitars is the numbering system they have. Anything with a "50" as the designation is their absolute bottom of the line instrument. Not that they totally suck, its just their least expensive, least quality, least finished line. (That didn't come out right cuz I really like the brand.) I think all fo the 50's are Bolt ons.

Now if you notice the numbering goes from 50, to 100, 200, 400, 1000, 2000 I think or something like that, with the 1000, 2000 having inlaid purfeling and fancy inlay on the necks and headstock and other type of BLING! The higher in number you go you also see upgraded pickups and the LP models will be solid necks, not Bolt ons...etc.

Having said that, I think ESP/LTD are fabulous guitars, built in Korea, I think, but the value to quality is excellent. They're easy to play and are pretty solid.

I only got rid of my as part of a Trade deal into an American Strat.

If you can spend a bit more money on a 100, 200 or 400 I think you'll have a much better guitar.

Either way I don't think you could go terribly wrong with this brand.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote