Clear all

Everlast - What it's like

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi, I have been working on "What its like".

I am happy with my version of the intro and the verse, but I need a better bridge section. Does anyone know where there is an accurate tab of this song? One of my friends said that he had seen it in a magazine but doesn't remember which one. Anyone know?

If you play it, how do you play the bridge?

Cheers,

Max

(@antny)
Trusted Member

I hated it when I first started playing and couldn't figure out songs so i'll try to help. First you should try to figure this one yourself but use the tab as a guide. Play around with the d minor shape useing hammer on's and slides. the tab at ultimate guitar tabs seems pretty accurate. I don't have my guitar with me to check it out and it has been a long time since i played but it is in the neighborhood at the very least. hope it helps, let me know if it does

ReplyQuote
(@crash1117)
Eminent Member

Hi Max, could you post your version of " what its like"? Its a cool song, and i'd like to learn it. I live in Alberta, but spent most of my life in B.C.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi, Sorry for taking so long to reply. I had major computer problems.

I looked at the tab you sent antny and it looks promising. I should have a chance to try it out this weekend.

As soon as I get a chance I will tab out my version of What it's like for you crash probably on the weekend as well.

As for moving to Alberta I hope your enjoying it there. I just moved to Nova Scotia. Ill be here for about a year. I am originally from here but I can't wait to get back to Victoria, there is something to be said about golfing in January.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I pasted this from word and if anyone would like a better version Ill email it to him. Also I could record this as an mp3 but I dont know how to post it somewhere on the net where it would be accesible. The timimg is difficult for me to explain. Hopefully you can pick it up from the recording. I am still planning to look at the tab at ultimate guitar tabs to improve the bridge section.

What its like - Everlast

Play the intro a few times, I didn't actually count how many, after the intro is played 5 or 6 times play the Dm ending then go into the verse.
Dm (sus4) Fmaj7 C
E|--------3---1-3p1----------0---0----0---0---|
B|------3-----------3--------1---------1-------|
G|----2---------------2----2-----------0-------|
D|--0--------------------3------------2---------|
A|-----------------------------------3-----------|
E|---------------------------------------------|

Between the Fmaj7 and the C you can substitute a quick down and up strum for the open high e. I do that sometimes just for a change.

Dm (sus4)
E|--------3---1—0h1---|
B|------3-------------|
G|----2---------------|
D|--0-----------------|
A|--------------------|
E|--------------------|

Verse

My strumming is shown; while it is a lot different than the song, it will fit and can be played along with the recording.

Dm Fmaj7 C Dm

D D D U D D D U D D U U D D
E|--1---1--1-1-0---0---0-0-0--0-0--1-1--1—3p----1---|
B|--3---3--3-3-1---1---1-1-1--1-1--3-3--3----2--2---|
G|--2---2--2-2-2---2---2-2-0--0-0--2-2--2-----------|
D|--0---0--0-0-3---3---2-3-2--2-2--0-0--0-----------|
A|-------------------------3--3-3-------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------|

The verse simply loops

I play the bridge, or at least that is what I call it, again differently than the song and I am not happy with it, but here it is anyway.

Dm Fmaj7 C
E|--------3---3----------0---0-----------------|
B|------3---3---3------1---1--1-------1---1---|
G|----2--------------2---------------0-----0---0--|
D|--0--------------3---------------2-----------|
A|--------------------------------3-------------|
E|---------------------------------------------|

I was shown this song by a friend so I am sure there is a version out there very close to this on the net – I think that is where he got it.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote