Clear all

Hard Rock Pickups

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@lazerkrust)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

What kind of pickups would you guys suggest for hard rock music?

I was looking at these:

Bridge:
Seymour Duncan SH-12 Screamin' Demon
DiMarzio Super Distortion

Neck:
DiMarzio PAF Pro
DiMarzio Air Norton

Tell me what you think of these and also other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Are You Ready?

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Honestly, I think that pickups are a very small part of getting tone. For example, I play through an electric that i consider to be of somewhat low quality (it's playable and sounds decent, but it doesn't look the best and isn't of gibson quality or anything like that), when i play through my small practice amp i'm usually not satisfied with the sound, but when i play through the amp at my guitar teacher's house i'm totally amazed.

Long story short, go somewhere and try out different amps and things like that to see if you can get the tone you're looking for, even considering other guitars (if you have the money) isn't a bad idea.

If you're still hung up on getting new pickups then i can't recommend much because i don't know alot in that department, but don't rule out the idea of active pickups (like the EMG's that Zack Wylde and Metallica use).

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@rocker4life)
Eminent Member

DUDE!!!!! :lol:

You checked out the Kramer QUad Coild pickups. Its like having to Humbucking pickups, but there the size of a regular humbucking pickup
i hear there great for hard rock. :twisted: I personally have never heard them in action but im guessing they must sound pretty nice.

ive seen them for like $50 on ebay. :wink:

"We play it the way the air is in America today. The air is slightly
static isn't it ? You know what I mean ? " -Jimi

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

Come on. The Dimebucker! Who doesn't want to have Dimebag's tone?

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Seymour_Duncan/PR/SH-13-Dimebucker.html

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote