Feedback

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,
err sorry to bring this up again as a new topic, but my posts from the last few days have vanished -
I asked how to create feedback. I got answers but is there any feasable way of creating feedback from my 50watt amp in my bedroom (in other words without cranking up the volume or using fancy equipment which I dont have)

Thanks

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Not really. Try holding the guitar against the amp, might help a bit.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker4life)
Eminent Member

what type of guitar you play????
the easyest way i can think of getting feedback, is buy using the bridge pickup and play then putting your guitar up to the amp.
works for me
:lol:

"We play it the way the air is in America today. The air is slightly
static isn't it ? You know what I mean ? " -Jimi

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hi,
I asked how to create feedback. I got answers but is there any feasable way of creating feedback from my 50watt amp in my bedroom (in other words without cranking up the volume or using fancy equipment which I dont have)

Thanks

Depends on what type of amp you have. The secret to controlled feedback is having a fairly large amount of gain ( controls the amount of boost the preamp gives the input before sending it to the power amp ) on the signal your guitar sends to the amp.

If all your amp has is a single volume knob, the only ways to increase the gain are: A) to increase the volume. B) use some type of overdrive or boost pedal to give the signal an extra gain stage before it hits the amp. If you need "bedroom" volume levels, option A demands an attenuator, while option B gives you a bit more control.

If your amp has a master volume, you can keep the channel gain/volume high enough to allow feedback while using the master volume to keep the overall loudness at an acceptable level. If your guitar has weak pickups, you might still need some type of signal boost to help things along.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You may want to thik about getting an attenuator. It will allow you turn the amp up and the speaker volume down.

Is this the one

Joe

ReplyQuote