Clear all

Fender Bender

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I recently played a friends guitar. He has a B Bender installed I was wondering what are some of ur thoughts on these
I liked it to an extent really help if i could figure out how to use the darn thing right. I'm used to doing steel guitar licks without one so when u tell me to doa steel lick i do it not thinking about it. I like what it does the effect it gives. Its also HEAVY. That is a big minus in my book because my tele has the F holes and thin body so i like light. The guy builds guitars for a living. He told me if i bought one he'd install it for free. all routing and all the full thing. So what are ur opinions on it

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I would answer your question but.. what is a b bendeR? is that a type of tremolo system such as a floyd rose?

a picture link would be useful too

thanks alot

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's a device to "bend" the B string on a guitar to raise its pitch, like the pedals on a pedal steel.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

what would you need to do that for?

couldnt you bend it normally with your finger

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It changes the tuning of the guitar. It can smoothly change the pitch of a single string in a chord. I don't use one and can't tell you what they're especially good for, but the Parson B-bender was once a pretty popular item. Google it and you'll find plenty of info, I'm sure.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I initially thought it would be of only the most limited use, but when you see someone who really knows how to use it... It's actually pretty amazing what can be done. :shock:

There's videos on the web that will blow your mind... do a little searching...

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@dcmarshall)
Trusted Member

Some decent example of B-bender use in the rock world would be by Jimmy Page on Led Zeppelin's "Ten Years Gone," "All My Love," and "Hot Dog."

ReplyQuote