Clear all

printing tabs

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone out there found a way or program to print tabs off the net that doesn't involve spending a 1/2 hour formatting for word or notepad? Even taborama which had a print friendly button often breaks lines over a page selection.

Cheers,

Max

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

You'd have better luck with a Tab program. Powertab looks amazing when you print it, just like actual sheet music.

(I know, not exactly what you were looking for, but worth a mention)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@mortisdraco)

Check out this web site:

http://www.chordie.com/

They have a lot of the tabs on there already formatted pretty well. There are plenty that are not, but I've found this site has cut down my editing time. They also have the chord diagrams for all of the formatted ones.

see ya,
Brad

Has anyone out there found a way or program to print tabs off the net that doesn't involve spending a 1/2 hour formatting for word or notepad? Even taborama which had a print friendly button often breaks lines over a page selection.

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.

ReplyQuote
(@cmoewes)
Estimable Member

I think the trick is to make sure you are using a fixed width font like Courier. I just past them into word and select all then switch the font. Only thing I ever have to manually futz with is if the page breaks on the middle of a line.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Well thanks for the adice. I tried chordie.com and it is better than most but of course it limit me to downloading tabs from one site.

I never thought about fixed font widths before although it makes sense. Ill give that a try.

Thanks

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

well the fixed tab width worked like a charm.

Thanks a bunch

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@cmoewes)
Estimable Member

Happy to help

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Here's a page with some Blank Tabs, Staff, and chord images that print out well. Other folks have said they print great. If they don't let me know and I make the necessary adjustments.

Scales, chords, staff, tabs, and stuff

joe

ReplyQuote