Clear all

Fender Custom FMT HH. Anyone got one?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@macca)
Topic starter  

Hi

I am a recently converted guitarist (used to be a drummer).

I bought a Fender Custom FMT HH a few weeks ago. Beautiful guitar, but got no manual. Now I know this will seem like a stupid question to most of you but I am fairly new to this.

Can anyone tell me what the switch and dials do?

I know the switch is to change pick ups, how do i know which its changing to? What is the diff between Top - Middle - bottom.

Also it has two knobs. I take it one is for volume only. But the second one can be pulled up and pushed down. What does that do?

Sorry if this is a retarded question... :oops:

- Rugby League - The Greatest Team Sport on Earth. You just don't know it yet.
http://www.amnrl.com

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

The switch will activate the corresponding pickup if yo think of it as forward middle back you'll get the picture. One will be the bridge middle will be both and the other will be neck. As an experiment put the switch in position and tap the pickup lightly with a screwdriver( assuming your plugged into an amp at low volume) the tapping will be aplified by the amp thereby telling which pickup goes to each switch position. The push pull knob spins and is your Tone knob it indicates the strength of the pickup selected, and lastly the push pull(Coil Splitter) seperates the selected humbucker into a single coil.
You can also go here and read online manuals Fender Manuals

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@macca)
Topic starter  

sounds logical really. Thanks for that.

- Rugby League - The Greatest Team Sport on Earth. You just don't know it yet.
http://www.amnrl.com

ReplyQuote