Fender Deluxe Player's Strat

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Any opinions on this guitar?

Music is the universal language, love is the key.

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I tried a couple of them out at MF a little over a year ago. i thought they were very nice guitars.
check out the reviews at Harmony Central
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Fender/Deluxe_Player_Stratocaster-1.html

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I tried a couple of them out at MF a little over a year ago. i thought they were very nice guitars.
check out the reviews at Harmony Central
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Fender/Deluxe_Player_Stratocaster-1.html

Only one person had a bad experience and it sounds like his was bad out of the box. still not sure though. Maybe the question I should be asking is what electric guitar have people found the most versatile in the $600 range...

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

if versatility is what you want you would be hard pressed to find a guitar more versitle than a Strat.
Maybe the Highway one HSS or a Jimmy Vaughn w/3 tex mex pups? at or a little over $600 i think.
Several of the folks here have Schecters that they are very happy with if you want to go for the HH setup.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

if versatility is what you want you would be hard pressed to find a guitar more versitle than a Strat.
Maybe the Highway one HSS or a Jimmy Vaughn w/3 tex mex pups? at or a little over $600 i think.
Several of the folks here have Schecters that they are very happy with if you want to go for the HH setup.

What's an HH setup? and an HSS setup?

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

It refers to the pickups
S= single coil
h= humbucker

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

It refers to the pickups
S= single coil
h= humbucker

What's the difference?

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

humbucker is two single coils brought together to reduce the electic hum induced in single coils. Humbuckers do genereate a slightly different sound which you may or may not like. It's generally described as 'warmer' and 'fatter'.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

humbucker is two single coils brought together to reduce the electic hum induced in single coils. Humbuckers do genereate a slightly different sound which you may or may not like. It's generally described as 'warmer' and 'fatter'.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I really need to listen to each to see which is right for me...

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I often thought about buying a Fender Deluxe Player Strat. But then again I often thought about customizing a cheap strat to similar specifactions, for the experience.

It's a beautiful guitar, the nicest looking Strat, as far as I'm concered.

Most of the reviews that I have heard/read, have been great. A couple that were kind of shaudy, but then again, they can't all be great, there were always be a few bad ones.

Try it out! I would go with a H-S-S if you could, but that could be acheived through changing pickups/pickguard.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote