Skip to content
Is this the normal ...

Notifications
Clear all

Is this the normal price for a MIM Tele?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I was just looking at Musician's Friend's clearance specials and I was wondering if this was the regular price for MIM Tele's? It seemed kind of cheap compared to what I have seen them at in the past? I can get the same price at American Musical Supply but also be able to use their payment option which won't dent the wallet as much? I really want an American Tele but they are SOOO far out of my price range and I can't justify one at the experience level I am at right now. Maybe in the future?

Thanks

(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Mike - over the past two years the MIM Tele and Strats have been priced at $349 - $399 for the standard. These prices may have risen slightly, but that was the benchmark. As such, I don't think these prices are all that great. Especially when you can get a used MIM Tele with a hardcase on eBay for $300 or so.

I know you said the American Tele is WAAAYYY out of your price range, but I disagree. The Highway One Tele is $629, and a used one can be had for about $500. While the price may be $200 more than you want to spend, it is worth it - especially if you are financing.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Mike, in that price range, I'd recommend you look at these:

http://www.glguitars.com/tribute/instruments/ASAT_Classic/index.asp

I've got a Mex Tele, and the ASAT Classic Premium model. The Fender's a good guitar, but the ASAT has a fit and finish that rivals the American series Fenders. In the three months I've had the ASAT, it's become my #1 "go to" guitar, and odds are I'll be getting a Legacy to replace my Strat before the year's over.

Here's the link for the Legacy:

http://www.glguitars.com/tribute/instruments/Legacy/index.asp

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I keep hearing about the G&L being referred to as being between the MIM teles and American tele pricewise. But when I actually see the prices they are usually more expensive than the american. What gives ?

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

G&L have both an American and Korean (AFAIK) series. The Tribute series is the Korean model IIRC.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

The "Normal price' for a MIM Tele, or Strat, in my mind, is $349. That is where they were always priced online when I started. B-Stocks at about $279-299. A new one costs about $700 Canadian, around here.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I keep hearing about the G&L being referred to as being between the MIM teles and American tele pricewise. But when I actually see the prices they are usually more expensive than the american. What gives ?

oktay

I noticed this when I did a quick search of eBay. The G&L's were around the same price as the American Fenders. The one's that were cheaper were colors I didn't like/want. I would like a Natural woodgrain finish like a sunburst or clear gloss natural.

ReplyQuote