Clear all

First Gig.....

45 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Yes, will be having one of my best ales in honor of you at about 4pm my time (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma) in honor of whats going on with you over there. You should be just getting into your gig about that time I reckon.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Soooo.....how did it go then, I hear you all ask?.....Well....pretty good actually! Bit weird though....the lad who was supposed to be playing pulled out, then he turned up....so I sat on my you-know-what for ages while they did a few Neil Young and Dylan songs....I could probably have played along with Helpless, Heart of Gold, Times They are a-changing etc....but I hadn't rehearsed them, and these lads have been playing 'em for a long time....

Anyway, it was about 11pm before I got a chance to play....then it was about 2am when we finished...it all went by in the blink of an eye...just played it by ear, got to play "Bad Moon Rising" "Proud Mary" "You've got to hide your love away" "Pretty Flamingo" "If you gottta go, go now" and a whole bunch of others....

I wasn't even nervous....thought I would be, but it was just the same crowd that's in every week....and the adrenalin kicked in as soon as I picked the guitar up.... I think I played one bum note, went from G to F instead of G to C on one song, but managed to get it right in about 1/4 of a second....

Uh yeah memo to self....Isn't it time you learned the words to Bad Moon Rising....you've only known the bloody song for about 36 years....

Anyway, to sum it all up, I played along with two guys who can play play a bit, they can pick as well as strum...me? Strictly rhythm....but my strumming was pretty well spot on, managed to sing as well as play...and once I started to play and sing, I had a sort of tunnel vision .... just totally focusssed, they could have started WWIII outside, I wouldn't have noticed...

Can't wait for tuesday now.....!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Way to go Vic, three hours on stage? That's mighty impressive, especially for a first gig.

When's the next gig? When does the Nationwide tour start?

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Super Vic. Glad to hear it went well and you had a good time.

Must have been a few minutes for a few pints before you went on too. Best of both worlds. :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@slipkid)
Eminent Member

Good Job!!
I learn something every time I play out like that.

Ovation....
Belly up to the bowl boys!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Vic

Sounds like you had a great time. Yeah, it always goes by quick :(

Have fun Tuesday.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats Vic!!!

I can say the same :shock: . I does go by quick, a little too quick.

Have fun Tuesday!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Glad it went well Vic, congrats.

Whats on tuesday?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Tuesday's just acoustic jam night in the pub....guess who always gets there first?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

What songs do you plan on doing? A.K.A.- leader of the pack. :D

Bad Moon Rising and what else?

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

I figured once you started playing you would be so absorbed you wouldn't get nervous, way to go Vic.

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

congrats Vic, glad things went well. I see a bad moon a rising...I see trouble along the way. :D

John M

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Hey Vic,

Congratulations, and don't be so hard on yourself. Even the pros and greats make mistakes, they just carry on.

Sounds like it was a good time at the end anyways.

Kenny

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

Congrats Vic, sounds like an awsome time, sorry I couldn't have been there.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Glad to hear it went so well Vic, you are now a seasoned pro

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3