Free Drum Software .....Available???

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

This might be bugging off some people who may think i am always on lookout for free music related softwares but then WHO ISN'T :twisted:

So well , i really need some drums to support my guitar and hence i am looking for a decent software which can atleast play a wide variety of pre-recorded loops.(even if it doesn't allow to create them)

And actually i don't have much knowledge as how to create a drum pattern so i feel like loops will work best for me.

Any help really appreciated.
(Association of Guys who hunt freebies :twisted: :twisted: :lol: )

Rahul

(@alangreen)

Harmony Central do a royalty-free Sample Of The Day, and sometimes send drum samples. Otherwise, there are plenty of sites that have free drum loops or samples - e-jay is pretty good although it doesn't seem to get updated as often as you'd like.

Take one drum sample Wav file - load it into Sound Recorder (which comes free with your PC as part of Windoze). click the fast forward button to go to the end of the sample, Edit->Copy, Edit->Paste Insert, repeat until you have a long enough file.

If you record into Sound Recorder, you're limited to 60 seconds; but you can add length to a sample in this way to the limit of your available memory (my record is a four minute sound file). You can also Edit->Paste Mix other samples into it.

Total cost - zilch, zero, nichts, rien, nothing.

Turn up the volume. Don't forget to save your files. Jam.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I use Hammerhead. It is free like you say and you can download others tracks or make your own. 4/4 tracks arent hard to make, wierd timing can be a little more difficult but not too bad. You can export it to a wav and import that into Audacity if you like.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Hammerhead looks good. I've got a free pass this weekend, so I'll check it out.

Best,

I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I use Hammerhead. It is free like you say and you can download others tracks or make your own. 4/4 tracks arent hard to make, wierd timing can be a little more difficult but not too bad. You can export it to a wav and import that into Audacity if you like.

Geoo

I have hammerhead but what after 6 channels are done.??Then you can't add anymore :shock: (or maybe i just don't know how to use it :oops: )

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

If you want to edit soundfiles like drum loops then Audacity is a great free program which is not awful like sound recorder. Hammerhead is cool, but I don't really like programming drum machines. I usually use MIDI software like Rosegarden (Linux only) to do percussion when I want it.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I have hammerhead but what after 6 channels are done.??Then you can't add anymore :shock: (or maybe i just don't know how to use it :oops: )

In reality, once a drummer's hit the kick drum with his right foot, stood on the hi-hat with the left, hit the snare with his right hand and the open hi-hat with his left hand, exactly what can you do with six channels that's going to sound authentic? Doubling up the kick drum and the snare is fine, but I don't think it's a good idea to create something that's simply impossible for a human to reproduce in a live situation.

Best,

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

It's actually pretty easy to use up more than 6 channels if you're using things like bells and cymbals that can be allowed to sustain.

Yes you can only have 4 simultanious events, but some events can have a longer durration.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Can you provide me more information on this matter?

[email protected]

[email protected]

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Ya... I guess you can use more than six channel.. but if you are going to extremes then why not go out and BUY some software.. Hammerhead is terrific for a free package. If you dont like it then import six and create six more.. import them into Audacity and repeat.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ya... I guess you can use more than six channel.. but if you are going to extremes then why not go out and BUY some software.. Hammerhead is terrific for a free package. If you dont like it then import six and create six more.. import them into Audacity and repeat.

Geoo

I am mainly for occasional fun and not professional mixing so paying for them is just tooooooo much :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@patrick-drew)

Try some of these:

http://www.tigerbill.com/subjects/dsoftware.htm

Gibson SG Special

ReplyQuote