free rhapsody?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone had any experience with this program? I see ads for it all the time now and it sounds to good to be true. Supposed free acess to over a million songs, software to manage all your downloads and burn them, plus unlimited downloads every month. I looked on the site and says you have to upgrade to get full acess to their library, but I am still very interested. Cna anyone shed some light on this?

If you haven't heard about it yet, the link is http://www.123.freerhapsody.com

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I've been a rhapsody subscriber for about 3 years now, and I love it. There are things they could do better, but honestly it's a great great service.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member

Kyle

I've had it for a while now and I couldn't live without it. I pay $25 per quarter and I get unlimited access to their entire library. It costs extra to burn tracks to cd but at $.79 per track, it's pretty cheap. (They don't allow donwloads, only straight burns.)

As someone learning to play the guitar, it's one of my most valuable tools. I have instant access to almost any song I want to play. Their library is extensive. The Beatles are the only band that I've looked for that they don't have.

I very highly reccomend it.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Go for http://www.winmx.com .
Free downloads no money.(hey am not encouraging u for piracy , just giving you the link)or if u wanna pay go straight -
http://www.itunes.com 8)

ReplyQuote
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member

IMHO, Rhapsody is better than itunes (especially as a guitar learning tool) because you have to pay as you go with itunes. I pay a flat fee with Rhapsody even if I listen to 1,000 songs per week. With itunes, every time you want to listen to a new song, you have to pay. Just my opinion.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

The Beatles are the only band that I've looked for that they don't have. .

And Led Zeppelin??? If so, it's the same on iTunes (I have a mac, so I don't have many choices).. The reason the Beatles aren't on iTunes is because of the whole "Apple" recording company that the beatles made, and Apple the computer company. The Beatles "Apple" sued Apple (Mac) because of the name a long time ago, and they resolved that Apple (Mac) wouldn't get into the music buisness... We'll, after the iPod, now they're in another lawsuit for iTunes, and therefore, the Beatles aren't on there. And you know how Led Zeppelin is, their kinda old-fashioned when it comes to media, so thats the reason they're no on iTunes either. Other than that, iTunes has basically every song that I've wanted. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I think it's more along the lines of how much are you willing to pay to get the rights.

ReplyQuote