Clear all

Full, harmonic-rich tone.

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hello everyone. Im trying to find a Slash-kinda tone. I want it to be rich in harmonics, has to be bity and obviously has to be a pretty heavy o.d. I have a Korg AX10G pedal and a Boss sd1. Can you help me find that tone? thanl you.

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

This is less about the pedals and guitar, than it is about the amplifier. I don't know what Slash uses (you probably do), but I'm betting most of his tone is based in a saturated tube amp which will be rich with nice, thick even harmonics. Depending on your axe, you may need a booster pedal to help things along to saturation. Depending upon you practice area and tolerance for noise, you may need an attenuator on the tube amplifier.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i know he uses an lp and some kind of marshall stack.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hello everyone. Im trying to find a Slash-kinda tone. I want it to be rich in harmonics, has to be bity and obviously has to be a pretty heavy o.d. I have a Korg AX10G pedal and a Boss sd1. Can you help me find that tone? thanl you.

Found a website that has Slash's gear and setup. Talks alot about his influences too. The gear and such are towards the bottom.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote