Geoo coming to Nashville, TN

13 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys.. Me and my guitarist buddy (if his wife lets him go) will be coming to Nashville, TN on March 28 through April 2. If any of you guys would like too hook up for dinner or to play a bit.. Gimme a yell.

I am coming for a conference and a songwriting workshop and I am not totally sure what is planned for the evenings but I am always looking for chances to meet other GNers..

If any of ya would like to attend let me know.. Its only like 120 bucks for the conference. The songwriting workshop is alot more but its pretty worth it.. I think

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

(@rocker)
Noble Member

jim,

i live in nashville bro, well just out side nashville, moved not to long ago, i'd love to hook up with you, just pm me when it gets close ok?

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Cool man.. I will be in Franklin to be specific. I will give you a reminder.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I used to live in Paducah KY. ( 2 hours) oh well, If you ever get to Charlotte N.C. or close by let me know :D Sounds like a good time :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I used to live in Paducah KY. ( 2 hours) oh well, If you ever get to Charlotte N.C. or close by let me know :D Sounds like a good time :D

Man, I might just make a special trip for that. Seriously.. But first I have promised myself up to the MA/CT area to see Mr Hodge and Wes. That should happen this year too.. Heck.. My plan was that it would happen when it wasnt so cold there, but I think its warmer up there than it is in Oklahoma right now. :( Anywho.. Dog.. I will be over to see you. No doubt about it.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Nashville, TN ?

Will you please take an autograph of Mr. Alan Jackson for me, Geoo...

Good Luck with the trip. No doubt you will have a great time playing along with Dog, sitting on his famous milk can. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'm not very far away but I'm not sure if I could make it down there for that weekend. Let me see if I can swing it. I'd love to hook up with you and rocker!

Last time I was in Nashville we were enjoying some music at the Bluebird. Sitting right in front of us enjoying the music as well was Vince Gill. Pretty cool stuff. So Rahul, Jim seeing Alan might not be impossible!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

If I can get some vacation time, I'd go.

Should I bring drums, too?
:D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well hum... The schedule is kind of like this.

Thursday the conference ends at 6pm
Friday at 11pm
Sat at 9pm
Sun at 4pm
Monday I take the long drive home.

Man, I didnt expect them to keep us there so late all those nights. I am happy that they are providing us with alot of information but I had hoped to have some site seeing or free time too. Now I dont know what to say.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Well, at least Saturday should leave you enough time. Nothing really gets going until later in the evening anyway. If you do get the chance you should check out Gruhn (awesome guitar store), BB King's Blues Cafe and the Bluebird. The Bluebird is a hole in the wall, but usually has some great entertainment!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

jim,

dang dude, thats a heavy schedule, holy cow, as i was reading all the posts, and jason said he might be able to come down, i started thinking
i could drive up and shanghi bish before you guys got here, and then we could have a live gn jam right here in music city, but oh well, maybe
we can hook up for diner or a few beers anyway, i also, would love to jam with wes, i go to chicago ( my home town) every summer for a week
and bish just lives a couplr hours away from chi-town, so i hope to hook up with him this summer 8)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I know man. I am pretty bummed too but since I paid for this I guess I better participate.. But dinner sounds great. Atleast we can talk guitars and put faces to names..

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

sounds good bro 8)

ReplyQuote