Clear all

GFS with another cheap-o

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Stumbled upon this last night. They LOOK nice, don't know about playability.... for only $189...

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nexvthcubafl.html

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@clau20)
Reputable Member

They look pretty nice! :D

I bought a nice looking guitar like this (not the same brand, but another Gibson copy) about a year ago.

I was a beginner and that sounded better than my other guitar so I bought it for 235 $ CAN. But, getting better, I notice that it was not a great guitar (the price was low, so I understood...)

Don't know if you're still a beginner, if so, it may be a good starting guitar, not too expensive. If not, you'll get tired of this kind of guitar pretty soon

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@classic_rock_kid08)
Trusted Member

I would buy it myself. If you think about, ANY guitar can play nice if it has a straight neck if you take it somewhere to get it set up professionally. I have found that true most of the time, and I set up my own guitars.

Music is one of the most powerful forces on this planet, why not put it to use?
Brandon Pace
http://www.brandonmpace.com

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Yeah, I've had my eye on one of those for a month or so. That lemon drop look especially nice to me.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I've got GFS pickups on three guitars. Like 'em just fine. Not SDs mind you, but plenty good.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@benpari)
Eminent Member

I cant imagine it being any worse then a Epiphone studio haha.

It looks totally incredible though, especially the GFS hollow bodies.

If I ever want a Gibson copy they are definetly my first pick.

If anyone has actually played one of these please give us a review of how you thought it played/sounded :D

ReplyQuote