Gibson Epiphone

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@mapscientifik)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi !

I already bought a black Gibson Epiphone Les Paul, and my half-brother didn't told me that was the guitar of his dreams ! My brother ( he plays drum ), my half-brother and I are going to create a band and me and my 1/2 brother don't want to have the same guitar...

Is there any other guitars like the Les Paul shape ? I mean a similar guitar on the same price?

Please answer to this !

(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

dont take offence with this, i know asthetics in a band is very important. but the music should take place over the look, trust me when i was in my first band (a metal band) i was playing a squire strat... until you get some momentum i wouldnt worry bout the situation for now.

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
(@mapscientifik)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah I know the music comes before the look but I don't wanna have the same guitar of the second guitarist in my band ! I will be horrible if so...

I just need to find a guitar for him cuz I almost '' stole '' his guitar !

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

lol ok... in terms of look theres 100s of lp copies around about, i wouldnt be able to suggest one as im not a big gibson player... im sure there are some great ones out there.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

If you are really adamant about this you can try either an Epi SG or G400 since they are very similar in set up (stop tail/TOM bridge, humbuckers) but look very different.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

There's a lot of LP replicas, just have a look around. Also a lot of different Epiphone LPs, who look slightly different.

Now me, I'd like the Zakk Wylde Gibson. Rawr for pinch harmonics.

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Lots of LP copies here: http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar.html :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Could ask if he'd accept a Schecter or a Korean PRS. Otherwise, Godin has some Gibson-inspired variants as well. In addition to the above suggestions.
PS
I'm curious, are P90s any good for metal?

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Dean Evo Special Select. Sounds better, feels better, looks better, and costs pretty much the same as an Epi LP std. Buckers can be split, full mahony body, plays smooth as butter. If I didn't dislike LP-style guitars I would have bought one long time ago. And this is just one example of getting much more value for money. Let the other dude get the Epi and get something better yourself. 8)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I recommended something different than an LP because I assumed you were looking for something different looking.

Are you just looking for another brand of LP or something good that does not look like an LP?

You have lots of choices. As indicated above there are hundreds of LP look a likes and then there are others that are similar in sound but don't look like an LP such as the Epi SG or G400 and many others that use humbuckers.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

just pop down to your local music shop and try some axes.

although its a shame that youve already bought it...
hope you find what you want.

ReplyQuote