Clear all

Good chord excercises.

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I really need to practice my chords (changes, accuracy ect...) The only practice with chords I usually get is when learning a song. Please let me know of some effective chord excercises or where I can find some. Any, kind will do. I play blues.

Note: I hate playing chords down at lower registers near the headstock. So, please if you can, provide me with some excercises that involve chordal playing a little further up the neck...thx.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member

Learn The correct version of the rythem of crazy train. Randy uses jazz chords. There actually really pretty when not distorted. They start about the 5-7 fret and move towards the head stock. I took me a while to learn it at his pace, they are excellent for learning changes. If you try All Guitar Chords . com they have litterally every chord made and you can select where on the fret board to play them, that way you learn at your preference and broaden your guitar smarts. Its a win win. lol

Peace.

M-Man

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Try this:
https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=561

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@jimmy_kwtx)
Estimable Member

I noticed your "gotta love SRV" Thread.

Try learning the chords to Lenny and Littlewing. They are more "jazzY' in nature and will kep you in touch with what you are playing now.

ReplyQuote
(@improvgtrplyr)
Estimable Member

i'm not that great at chords either (can't remember the difference between 9ths and 6ths) but you might want to try some comping lessons. it's a very common style for jazz players.

i thinks crazy train uses two minor 7th's no?

ReplyQuote
(@jimmy_kwtx)
Estimable Member

i'm not that great at chords either (can't remember the difference between 9ths and 6ths) but you might want to try some comping lessons. it's a very common style for jazz players.

i thinks crazy train uses two minor 7th's no?

Some jazz players tend to use a lot of 2-3 note chords for comping. Something about effeciency of movement because of all of the chord changes.

Alot of double stops from blues you know can be good 2 note chords to experiment with.

ReplyQuote
(@improvgtrplyr)
Estimable Member

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't 2-3 note chords the definition of comping?

ReplyQuote