Clear all

Good songs to start on...

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@davenporter)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

Sorry... this is probably a generic "newbie" post, but I was just wondering what a good song to start on would be.

I'd like something that involves a little more than just straight chords (i've been playing a lot of Christian worship songs to learn chords and basic strumming), and I've started on stairway to heaven but I'm just learning off of straight tabs and that's the first tabbed song that I've tried learning so it's taking a while.

Anyway, I'd be happy to learn pretty much any style but I need something that I can see myself being able to play after a few days of practice... just so I can see some reward for my work.

BTW - I'm playing on a Fender 12-string acoustic sooo keep that in mind when you make your suggestions (I'm trying to get my hands on a cheap 6-string acoustic to learn on).

Thanks!!! :)

(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

Closer to the heart by Rush

good song to learn, they use a 12 string for it and its really easy to learn but hard to master! Good Luck!

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@davenporter)
Topic starter  

hey, awesome - thanks for the quick reply. do you have any links to sites or something where i can see the tabs or whatever?

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Here's some more songs you can work on:
https://www.guitarnoise.com/topics/easy-guitar-songs/

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@davenporter)
Topic starter  

i've seen those.. which would be a good one to start on?

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Horse With No Name and For What It's Worth are both 2-chord songs.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@davenporter)
Topic starter  

haha, excuse my stupidity... i had assumed they weren't in any particular order.

ReplyQuote
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member

have u played open the eyes of my heart yet? That is easy

Mikey
GB><>

ReplyQuote
(@tricky)

"Wish you were here." By Pink Floyd is always fun.

My recorded Songs

"Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear very bright, until you hear them speak."

ReplyQuote
(@antny)
Trusted Member

first song that involved more than just chords was sweet home alabama but that might sound wird on a twelve string. Think of songs u like and find the tab. songs u like are the ones u will play the best. Also when I first learned under the bridge the right way i was stoked. it has some cool fills and sounds great on an accoustic by itself. also agree with wiish u were here, it's another good one to start with.

ReplyQuote
(@davenporter)
Topic starter  

thanks guys, appreciate it

ReplyQuote