Clear all

Good Wireless System?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, I was just thinking that I would absolutely love the freedom to move around unattached to cords, with a wireless system. Does anyone have any expierience with these? I know the real nice expensive ones sound just like a regular cord, but what about the cheaper models? I'd like to get something that doesn't sound like crap, but isnt a millions dollars. I might look into getting a used one off ebay if anyone has any good suggestions. I'm just wondering what price range would get me somethin somewhat nice. Thanks.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

figured I'd bump this for one more shot. Guess many people don't have expierience with them.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

If you search "wireless" you'll find it's actually gotten quite a bit of discussion here. Here's one link:

GN Wireless Thread

I wrote a long reply on the second page of that one.

IIRC, corbind, bought an AKG Bug and was quite disappointed -- all cool looks, mediocre performance and for only $300. I'm not sure if there are any good systems out there for a few hundred, but I wouldn't be surprised if it cost a grand to get pro-level performance.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Correctly getting the wireless system set up and adjusted is essential for sounding your best. One of the main problems with wireless instruments is a poor setup, especially setting the transmitter level or gain control too high in an effort to make up for the wrong settings elsewhere. Watch your gains. Selecting a wireless system may not be an easy task. More expensive wireless systems will almost always provide diversity operation, and will have better sound quality, longer range, and more useful features.

Another thing to watch for is hum and noise were its plugged into the ac outlet. Preferably, it should be connected to the same AC outlet or outlet strip as the amplifier. I use Rack Mounted Nady wireless. Recently I seen a couple guitarist using a Samson Airline Wireless Guitar AP-1 and a AKG WMS40/GB UHF Guitar Bug Wireless System. They worked great in the local establishments roaming with the audience.

Here's a site with lots of information introduction to wireless systems

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@piano-man)
Eminent Member

I Have an Audio Technica, it was about $300.00 and it does a great job. I have it rack mounted, so grounding isnt a problem. I think the secret is to set it up for clean audio, and then after your levels are set you set it up for the effects you want.

To many people try to overdrive the amp with the reciever, and this is a big mistake. you have to set up the modulation first and then overdrive it.

ReplyQuote