Clear all

Gordon Smith Guitars

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Any other GS owners on here? I will probably be spending more time on this forum as it seems to have a more sensible attitude to budget gear (which, due to my ongoing poverty, I am restricted to pretty much) than some. Heres a piccy of my pride, my only none budget piece of kit and as yet completely unique (I have the first and possibly only one, with a letter from GS to certify it). My Gordon Smith GS1.5-40. Hopeyou like it, comments welcome

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Nice looking axe.

I've heard GS described as UK's answer to Gibson. That's some reputattion to live up to. I've checked them out on the web and have to say I'm intrigued by them. I'd love to try a couple of them out. I believe one of my local guitar stores stocks them but haven't seen any in there as yet. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

As for gear snobbery - that's what I like about this place. It's more about the music than anything else. It doesn't matter what you play as long as you're happy with it. There's many a good tune played on an old fiddle. Just enjoy the music.

I am slightly jealous of your GS though. :oops: :wink: :lol:

Enjoy.

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

That looks like a cross between my samick telecaster (telecaster shape and same wood color except for the neck) and an SG. It looks weird to me but that's probably because I've never seen another guitar with that same shape, so I guess that gives it some extra plus right there.

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

Any other GS owners on here? I will probably be spending more time on this forum as it seems to have a more sensible attitude to budget gear (which, due to my ongoing poverty, I am restricted to pretty much) than some.

Woah, you too? Small world. Nice looking guitar, hopefully she sounds just as nice.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I will probably be spending more time on this forum as it seems to have a more sensible attitude to budget gear

You think so? I love cheap guitars and on another site I won't mention, you would think I peed on their shoes when I said I liked my Agile AL2000 as much as my Gibson Les Pauls. I was attacked! I have good guitars, I just happen to really love my cheap ones. People here are nice. Thats what matters. Snob.com can have themselves for all I care.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

Beautiful guitar, looks like a les paul double cutaway. I will have the check them out. Oh, and Welcome to Guitarnoise!! In my opinion the best guitar forum on the net.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Pretty neat, like a cross between an old LP jr, melody maker and a Fender!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Nice guitar.

For what it's worth, my guitars go from $99 to $5000. I pretty much suck on either end of the spectrum.

ReplyQuote
(@indiana_jonesin)
Estimable Member

Nice looking axe.

As for gear snobbery - that's what I like about this place. It's more about the music than anything else. It doesn't matter what you play as long as you're happy with it. There's many a good tune played on an old fiddle. Just enjoy the music.

I am slightly jealous of your GS though. :oops: :wink: :lol:

Enjoy.

Ditto all of that :)

"Yes and an old guitar is all that he can afford,
when he gets up under the lights to play his thing..."-Dire Straits
http://www.myspace.com/misterpete42

ReplyQuote