Clear all

Got a new AMP

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I purchased a new Marshall MG15DFX amp today I LOVE IT.
I originaly purchased an "el-chepo" Ashtons guitar pack Ashtons Ag 132 electric and an Ashtons GA10 watt amp they didn't sound real good together and I was mainly playing my acoustic, but now with this Marshall amp it sounds pretty good to me...

I am 47 had a dozen or so lessons and am 100% hooked, I wish I started playing 30 years ago...

My original aim was to just play in the bedroom for "me" but now I want to get together with some like newbies to play practice and improve with.
I like playing Beatles and most 60's and 70's 12 bar blus stuff (hell I'll try and play anything now!..

So if anybody lives in Sydney Australia and is reading this and would like to get together just post and let me know..

I love the effects on this Amp.....I'm very happy....

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like you've been well and truly bitten by the bug!!!! Welcome to Guitarnoise, you're in the right place!!!

I'm the same age as you....difference is, I've been playing for about 30 years on and off, but decided to take it seriously a couple of years ago....

The best thing you can do, IMO, is get together with other guitarists... you'll be amazed how much you can learn!!!

Playing with other new guitarists is good, you can learn together... gives you a good idea of your progress....and playing with experienced guitarists is also good, it'll stretch you as a musician...so a no-lose situation there!!!!

I've been jamming in the pub with some guys about my age for the last few weeks...I'm probably the worst musician there, although I consider myself reasonably competent...at least on rhythm....and already I've achieved one major breakthrough....I've found I can "read" other peoples chord changes by watching their fingers, even on songs I'm not too sure of...

So get out there and play, have fun - and good luck!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Yeah! and a welcome from me too kblake,

I've been looking into going electric from acoustic and that Marshall has been on my wish list along with a Strat copy or Les Paul copy for quite a while. Nice to hear from someone whose used one to good effect.

Vic's dead right about getting out there and playing with others it really brings you on. (Believe me Vic knows what he's talking about!)

I haven't jammed with others for quite a few months now and I already feel my playing is becoming a bit stagnent.

My sister is having a barbie at her place at the beginning of next month and her husband is also into guitar, but mainly recording and sound systems. (The lucky sod has just built his own studio in his garage Vic!!)

I'll have to lure him onto this site.

I've been told along with my brother Rodders(also a member on this site) to bring our guitars along.

Could get interesting as My sister has invited a live band along as well.
I'm a bit nervous about it but I'll have a go and just stick to what I know.
Anyway the drink could work wonders, you never know!

Oh by the way I'm ancient too! 51 and only been playing for about two years.

Cheers for now,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

kblake

Welcome to GuitarNoise! I'm in the same age bracket as everyone here (51).

Yeah, just get out there. Open Mics are the best place to get out and meet and jam with new musicians. Even if you don't know too much, just get up there and do your best. You would be surprised at the fantastic music you will hear. And you will improve quickly.

Vic- glad to see you're jamming each week. Sounds like the beginning of a band to me! 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Dogsbody....I'd ask for an invite, but I'll be in Texas... :( :( :(

Wes...I'd love to get to an open mic, but the only one in this town is on a Tuesday....which is pub jam night...and to be quite honest, don't know if I'm quite ready for it yet....gradually building up self-confidence week by week, but when I go to an open mic, I want to play my own songs.....

BUT....I set myself a goal. I am going to play at the Newton Festival next year (2006)....turns out I may get to play there this year....they're having an acoustic stage, and the lads from the pub have asked me am I up for it....daft question!!!! Probably have to do about 5 songs...there'll be about 6 of us, and I'll have to practise like hell in Texas....

Point is, it's a chance to get stage experience....even if I am just strumming along with a few other blokes to a bunch of golden oldies....but It'll be fun.....

Vic

(It'll be next year before I get to do my own songs....!!!!)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

That's awesome Vic.

Being on stage is funnnn. I've only done it a few times at some coffeeshops,but i loved it. i havent sung yet though, i usually just strum along to my friend's singing. best of luck to ya

kblake:

I also just got a new amp...Vox AD30VT. isnt it amazing how a new, good sounding amp makes you wanna play alllllll day?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

U2Bono269......or a new guitar!!!!!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Vic wrote:
Dogsbody....I'd ask for an invite, but I'll be in Texas...

You would have been welcomed Vic but Texas sounds more exciting from what I've just read on the `goin to Texas' thread.

Er---- or is it possibly going to be a bit too exciting?

But seriously folks:

You and Marilyn have a safe and fun trip both of you and send our love to Elecktrablue from all us UK Guitarnoise members.

Cheers

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote