24 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

See if you can add some more to this list:

Great Guitar Moments

 The first time you walk out of a music shop with a guitar (um, better make that every time you walk out of a music shop with a guitar)

 The first time you hit the strings and produce a sweet note (ah, better make that every time you hit a sweet note, as well..)

 First time you pull off a smooth chord change ( ah… you know the next bit…)

 When you realise that even thinking about playing puts a little smile on your face.

 The day someone stops, listens, and says “hey, you're getting pretty good on that..”

 The first time somebody claps and means it.

 When you sit in your favourite spot with the guitar, start daydreaming about something, and a half a minute or so later realise that your hands haven't bothered to wait for your brain to catch up but have just started noodling away on their own.

 When you first discover Guitarnoise

 When you put together your first original string of notes, chord progression or song.

 When you get to the Pearly Gates and St Peter looks up from fiddling with the settings on his amp and says “Hi, come on in, I'll let Stevie Ray and Jimi know you've arrived….”

 When you look at your bank account and see that there's just enough for another guitar. And by a lucky coincidence that's today – so I'm outta here. :D

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

The first time you play a gig, and it actually goes over well! I don't think there's any greater feeling then that.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Ah min's more modest.
The first time you record something that kind of sounds like music.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

The first time jamming with my kid.

The first time jamming with friends.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

 When you get to the Pearly Gates and St Peter looks up from fiddling with the settings on his amp and says “Hi, come on in, I'll let Stevie Ray and Jimi know you've arrived….”

And if you like me and going in the other direction...Bon Scott is the Ferryman and I can't afford to get across the River Styx because right before I died I emptied my account to buy a true Gibson LP!
 When you look at your bank account and see that there's just enough for another guitar. And by a lucky coincidence that's today – so I'm outta here. :D

?When you get your bank statement and you realize you are overdrawn due to GAS and your rent is due!

ReplyQuote
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member

First time you heard a another guitar player and had "one of those moments". You know, when you want to explode out of your skin becuase of how absoelutely perfect their music is.

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

The first time someone asks you to play and they have actually heard you before

When you play three songs in a row that people recognize

When you play and the dog does not leave the room.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hitting the first three notes to a song, and having the entire club shout, jump to their feet and start dancing.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

- When the Big Brown Truck arrives with your latest gear purchases

- First time your SO walks through the room and casually states "I know that song"

- When your kids see you having so much fun with guitar they want their own

- When you realize you have more gear than talent (oh wait, not what you meant)

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

When you can play your favorite solo (like Crazy Train) note for note.

And no, I can't play this solo. :D

But if I could, that would be a great guitar moment for me.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

When i get a Brand new Epiphone SG (G 310 ) left handed. :P :P
And i play someday in IIT delhi before the roaring crowd (of young guy n girls :wink: just like me) and they come afterwards for my autograph and want me to come next year also. :)

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Something very simple. When you can change your guitar strings without busting a string, or taking more than an hour to complete the task.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

When you bust a G string while fingering a minor and don't get arrested for it. :P

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

When you realize you're making the guitar sound good, instead of the other way 'round.

The first time someone says they wish they could play like you ... and you suspect they might actually mean it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

 When you are posting at guitarnoise.com!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3