Clear all

computer problems

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

sorry....this doenst have anyhting to do with guitars but i no alot of people in here are knowledgable about computers.....so let me run this by you.

i have two computers set up in my house both to rogers cable internet....interent is fully working....no problems there, but for some reason on both computers acessing hotmail acounts is impossible. i know for a fact the website is up and running just fine as others have told me that they can acess it through there computer. i just don't understand. for some reason it wont load the page. why could this be...

once again i apoligize for posting this in this forum but i know alot of you guys know alot of stuff.

thanks

$MAX$

(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

What browser and are your cookies for the site turned on or allowed?

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

That's odd. Can you ping or trace route the site?

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It sounds like either a browser problem or a firewall problem. Check the settings in the browser to make sure it is accepting cookies. If you have a firewall on your router or PC's check them and see what they are blocking.

All else fails contact the provider and see if they are blocking anything.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Also check under restricted site in tools privacy and in your hosts file

C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetc

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

man...non of those things have worked....the odd thing is...i have a rogers internet connection...people with rogers seem to be abel to connect to the interent just fine and goto any site but hotmail, where as people who have bell sympatico can go anywhere....

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

What kind of page error are you getting? Does it start to load and then choke or say a 404 error? Your going to have to feed us more info.

I have seen a corrupted winsock file do this as well.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

You can try an alternate browser. I have had problems accessing sites with certain browsers before.

Netscapes is pretty good and free to download.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Sounds like your provider has blacklisted that site for some reason.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

man...non of those things have worked....the odd thing is...i have a rogers internet connection...people with rogers seem to be abel to connect to the interent just fine and goto any site but hotmail, where as people who have bell sympatico can go anywhere....
Then it definitely sounds like a provider problem where they are either blocking Hotmail or doing something funky with a proxy.

Give them a call.

By the way, about a year ago some ISP's were monitoring Hotmail closely because they were very prone to passing on viruses so it may be related to that.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

This happened to me too.

As Nils suggested was a settings problem. I hadn't changed anything, but an update had shifted the settings.

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly where the setting was, and it took a bit of finding. Once found it wasn't hard to change though. I think I found the answer by Googling.

You could try temporarily turning the security settings down on the firewall and the browser and see if it works again.

Good luck. Sorry I can't be more specific, but today I got money in the pocket and the guitar shops open in less than an hour so....umm... woooooshh..

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Good luck. Sorry I can't be more specific, but today I got money in the pocket and the guitar shops open in less than an hour so....umm... woooooshh..
Just realized it is already tomorrow morning for you. I also realized you live near Perth. I loved Perth. I was there about 12 or 13 years ago (need to check old passport for date) on business but went to the Cricket world cup with India vs. the UK. Was there with a friend from IBM UK and he made me go. Now I have all the equipment that he gave me later, played twice and now no where to go. I love cricket, any game where you stop and eat and drink whenever you feel like it is my kind of game.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote