guitar fx chain

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bellerophone)
Topic starter  

hi there

i own the following fx.
boss digital delay,boss overdrive, vox wah, electroharmox small stone and a hand made low quality fuzz.

1. In what order do I have to put them, so as to avoid the reproduction from the delay of any footswitch clip when i press it?

2. by pressing the small stone a great loss of "energy-volume" takes place. what the problem?

cheers

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Most people would place the Wah first before any overdrive or distortion. Then probably the fuzz and overdrive pedals. Effects like chorus are usually placed next, and delays are usually placed last in a chain.

This is a pretty normal setup, but nothing is written in stone.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The placement of effects in the signal chain are crucial to your overall sound. Whether your using a few or lots of effects this sequence below shows effect placement. Experimenting on different signal chains is always fun, you never know what you may come up with. Sometimes I like putting the overdrive or fuzz before the wah. Experiment, get creative.

Guitar->Wah->Octave->NoiseGate->Compressor->Overdrive->Eq->Modulation->Delay->Reverb

This maybe for yours.

Guitar-> vox wah-> overdrive-> fuzz-> small stone-> digital delay

Joe

ReplyQuote