Notifications
Clear all

Guitar identification ?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@robbiekut)
Topic starter  

I have this vintage semi hollow body guitar with some neat square magnet pick ups , a knob labeled bass, rhythm, and solo, and a dual motion tremolo bar, it has no branding what's so ever and the serial number has long fell off, I am currently trying to sell it due to financial reasons but am unsure what to take for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

Hmm... looks like a pretty cheap guitar. No real value there. Why don't you just ship it to me -- I'll pay....

:lol:

To me it looks like a Harmony of some kind. I'd start online with some Harmony-oriented sites -- Google "Harmony hollow guitar." Value depends entirely on the market (I think I have that right), but Harmonys have their fans.

Seriously, though, I'll pay you $20 & pay for shipping rignt now. RIGHT NOW. PM me for details. :)

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

That's a teisco guitar. They were made in japan, and sold under many different brand names in the 60, and 70's.

My first electric was a SG copy by teisco. It had the same pickups as that one. Kinda a odd P90 kinda sound.... but different. They are increasing in value the last few years, and I would love to get my old one back!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

What you have there is a Teisco EP200-L. Probably mid 60's

Those pickups sound pretty good run into a tweed style amp. I'd keep it, get a good setup on it, and rawk the beans out of it.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

DOOOOOOON"T SELL THAT - Don't you have an extra kidney? You'd get $400 for it maybe a but more maybe as low as $200. It looks so sweet.

ReplyQuote