Clear all

Guitar lessons

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

How much is an avrage lesson in the UK for guitars? :S sorry, a bit vague but....................

cheers,

Rain Shadow

(@forrest)
Trusted Member

I charge £20/hr for individuals.
I believe the musicians union recommends £22.80/hr.
I would charge a little less but I no longer teach from home so have to cover rent aswell.
Don't feel it has to be a one hour lesson every week though, in fact that might be too often if you can't find much practice time. If finances are stretched suggest something like a half hour lesson every two weeks.
I only say this because it seems that a lot of people assume they must have a one hour lesson every week.
If the tuition is good once a month is usually affordable and certainly beneficial.
If you can afford the practice time then you could justify daily lessons.
You need to find the right balance for yourself and be aware that this may change from time to time.
Hope all this helps.
Richard.

ReplyQuote
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks mate, yeah ur right..it seems quite expensive....its that my girlfriend wants to get lessons...cuz...well...shes very good and progressed amazingly quick but she just wants 2 have a professional teach her some stuff she cant learn herself...but £20 a lesson.....dunno just...seems u have 2 pay a lot to get a good amount of learning, but thanks a lot for that info, much appreciated!!!

cheers

NeM

Rain Shadow

ReplyQuote
(@omega)
Estimable Member

Thanks mate, yeah ur right..it seems quite expensive....its that my girlfriend wants to get lessons...cuz...well...shes very good and progressed amazingly quick but she just wants 2 have a professional teach her some stuff she cant learn herself...but £20 a lesson.....dunno just...seems u have 2 pay a lot to get a good amount of learning, but thanks a lot for that info, much appreciated!!!

cheers

NeM

Nothing is cheap in the world. If its something she wants to do, then why put a price on it? Can you put a price on your future.?.

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

uh.........yeah....................................................

Rain Shadow

ReplyQuote