Need some technical reassurance...

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey,
I'm getting new pickups this xmas. I wanna get Seymour Duncans and I've found the the ideal ones for me would be the SH-8 Invader at bridge and the SH-10 Full Shred at neck.

Would I be making a mistake in mixing pickups like this? They are both good for metal, so I think it'll be great, but I just wanna be sure that it won't sound like a jumbled mess...

(@undercat)
Prominent Member

If you like the sound of the pups, shouldn't be too much of an issue. If there's any issue at all, it will be a volume imbalance, and a lack of a good usable middle position.

I'm assuming this is a two pup guitar? Or is it the epi in your sig that you're referring to?

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member

Sounds like an awesome set up to me.
what about your mid pickups?

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Its for my Jackson Performer, which only has the two pickups...Man that makes me think how expensive it would be to fit new pickups onto my SG Custom. Fortunately they're great so no need :)

Thanks for the replies

Oh and by the way, what sorta price would I be looking at if wanted to get the body kitted out for actives? (excluding the price of the pickups themselves)

ReplyQuote
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member

It all depends on who you have to rout it out for you. I got my Peavey Preditor routed out to fit an EMG-85 Active Bridge Humbucker. It costed me $20.00 Which I think is a complete rip-off.
But...that price might be standard for all music stores.
Just take it up to a local music store and get them to do it for you.

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

ReplyQuote