Clear all

Guitar pro 5

25 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Didn't I read hear that one of you has the new guitar pro 5? Is it worth the upgrade?

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Weeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I think that it is.
I (like Nick) got the entire MySongbook archive thrown in, for free. Not only that, but the engine includes RSE technology, that makes the instruments sound much more realistic than good old MIDI devices. There are other features, but I just haven't had the time to try them all out, yet.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

A tiny new option is the ability to turn off tab altogether if you want to print just the notation. In GP4 it was either tab or tab+notation. Really minor update but something that bothered me tremendously.

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the info :D - they must have just released it - I checked last week with the Guitar Pro 4 help file and it indicated I was using the latest - I am going to upgrade today!

BS

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I tinkered with GP awhile ago and never jumped at it since I was comfortable with PTE. After reading this thread I am thinking about it again but curious what the impact of the current state of tabs will have on this product. Any thoughts?

I guess either way getting the full current library is a bonus if free tabs are frozen.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Just downloaded GP 5 - OMG does the Realistic Sound Engine (RSE) sound great :!: 8)

I am soooo glad I downloaded a ton of tabs when I got GP 4.

Gotta go and "Jam' with GP 5

BS :)

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Just downloaded GP 5 - OMG does the Realistic Sound Engine (RSE) sound great :!: 8)

I am soooo glad I downloaded a ton of tabs when I got GP 4.

Gotta go and "Jam' with GP 5

BS :)
Did you get that big archive or is it too late

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I've not been able to access any guitarpro sites today. I wonder if they've been taken offline because the publishing industry is targeting tablature sites. Has anyone else had any luck accessing the sites?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I think it's good software. Easy to put in tab and the massive tab download didn't hurt

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I've not been able to access any guitarpro sites today. I wonder if they've been taken offline because the publishing industry is targeting tablature sites. Has anyone else had any luck accessing the sites?

I'm on it right now, it is up.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

According to their user forum, mysongbook.com had been having server troubles and you may find you have intermittent access. But this trouble is not related to the MPA garbage. I've gotten a few hundred tabs from them in the past couple of days, but don't know what I'd do with the entire archive. Might be worth it just for the RSE technology though. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Does anyone know if the download is still available? And how to access it?

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone know if the download is still available? And how to access it?

I downloaded it. Your receipt should say "MSB TABS! You're in the first 1000 v5 buyers, so you'll find in the customers' area of Guitar Pro site the complete MySongBook file archive (>40000 tabs)."

Very nice, well worth the money, lots of fixs and a much better looking interface.

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

I'm not sure how the backward<>forward compatibility is with GP 5 and existing files, but I have a wonderful ZIP archive of over 22,500 GP 3 & 4 songs available to download from this link right here.

I don't even remember where I got this file, but it certainly covers a lot of ground. Please feel free to download at your leisure, it's about 46MB. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Thanks Pilot, SCS, looks like I kept the liscence, but deleted the receipt :cry:

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2