Clear all

Guitar pro 5

25 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

There is one annoying problem. If you close one file and open another the next file will sound horrible. The more you open and close the worse it gets. If you shut the program down and restart it the sound will go back to normal.

I'm going to report it to them later today

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

There is one annoying problem. If you close one file and open another the next file will sound horrible. The more you open and close the worse it gets. If you shut the program down and restart it the sound will go back to normal.

I don't have that problem on my computer :? - each file plays the RSE clean without restarting GP5.

BS

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I just tried it with 10 in a row, no problems.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I had Ver. 4 installed when I installed ver. 5. I uninstalled both versions and ran CrapCleaner and then reinstalled 5. It doesn't do that any more but the sound on the distorted guitars is still pretty bad. Remember those late 60's transistor radio's? It sounds like that with the volume at 10(clipping real bad). If I set them to overdriven it sounds fine.

Maybe it's my E-MU sound card.

ReplyQuote
(@fiskep)
Trusted Member

Downloaded the new verison last night - the RSE is great! one can only listen to a MIDI distorted guitar for so long. I too got the 40k guitar pro files from MSB. Once you've purchased your copy go to Support @ Guitar Pro ( http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=support ) - log on and then go to the customer services area. There was a link there waiting for me.

ReplyQuote
 xeus
(@xeus)

I'm not sure how the backward<>forward compatibility is with GP 5 and existing files, but I have a wonderful ZIP archive of over 22,500 GP 3 & 4 songs available to download from this link right here.

I don't even remember where I got this file, but it certainly covers a lot of ground. Please feel free to download at your leisure, it's about 46MB. 8)

I downloaded the zip file but I get an error when i try to extract it. " File skipped unknown compression method " Have any idea what this erro comes from?

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

GP5 is backward compatible to all previous formats (gp4, gp3...)
The error from the zip file is probably that the file has not completely downloaded.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

There is a problem with that file, as you can not extract the subfolders. However, if you go to each folder and extract only the files within, it should work. I had better luck with 7-Zip File Manager than with Windows' unzip program.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Just use winrar, you won't need anything else.

ReplyQuote
 xeus
(@xeus)

I used "Winace" and could extract all files. Maybe you should try that as an alternative if WinRAR didn't work. :wink:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2