Clear all

Guitar Software

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@wah-wah_junkie)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Im in search of guitar software, but can't seem to find a good program that will suit my needs.

Does anyone know ant good free tabbing programs that you can load songs onto?

Or does anyone have a have guitar software they can email me? if you do, don't hesitate to send.

Thanks!

"We are all very lucky to live in a
world where there is this much music"

John Frusciante

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

One is Tabit and another is Tab Player but I don't have a links for them handy. Another is power tab which can be found at http://www.powertabs.net The link to the software is at the bottom left of the main page.

There are a few other so just search in "guitar tab software"

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@wah-wah_junkie)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot!

P.s i joined guitar noise today, i am really happy with the speed of help and responses from people. this is going to be a helpful tool in my music

"We are all very lucky to live in a
world where there is this much music"

John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Your welcome

And also wlecome to GN. Enjoy the ride

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@alanp)

My 10 cents:
Powertab is very cool indeed - presents the tab in a very nice, clear easy to read format - much better for clarity than "ASCII" (plain-text) tab. Looks the same as the high quality tab you get in books and magazines.

And there is a huge number of songs available for powertab - not as many as plain-text tabs, but you have pretty good odds of getting any fairly well known song you might want in powertab format.
A lot of them have bass as well as guitar included in the same file too - you can swap between them in the powertab program.

ReplyQuote
 FaF
(@faf)

I've heard alot of good things about GuitarPro is this a good program? I'm having my mom send it to me for christmas, should I stop her and get a different program?

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I've heard alot of good things about GuitarPro is this a good program? I'm having my mom send it to me for christmas, should I stop her and get a different program?
Apart from the cost factor (Powertab is free, GuitarPro costs), Powertab has seen no further developments since around 2000. I think that the guy who wrote it is planning on making it open source. Guitarpro sees regular development and is, in some respects, a better program than Powertab.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@diluted_metal)
Eminent Member

Guitar Pro is an excellent program, i use it alot and it has a website that you can go to that comes with the program that has tons of all the new songs in a easily read format. Buy Guitar Pro 4, it's worth it.

Another thing, you can even make your own songs which is damn cool, can add harmonics, drums, different basses and guitars into it!!

I love Slipknot, Korn, System of a Down, Ill Nino, Fear Factory, Statc-X, Machine Head, Mudvayne, DevilDriver and South Africa's greatest metal band Seether.

ReplyQuote