Clear all

Guitar Strap

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I been looking for the perfect guitar strap for my G&L. Has anyone heard of Moody straps? Are they worth the $130 price tag??

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Personally, I can't imagine spending that much on a strap.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

They look very nice and well-made, but you can get some very cool Levi's leather straps for about 1/3 to 1/2 the price. They will be single, instead of double-stitched, but also come in leather + suede and various other two layer combos. Even a quality Harley-Davidson strap is 'only' about $50.

That said, it's your baby -- pamper it any way you wish.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

They look very nice and well-made, but you can get some very cool Levi's leather straps for about 1/3 to 1/2 the price. They will be single, instead of double-stitched, but also come in leather + suede and various other two layer combos. Even a quality Harley-Davidson strap is 'only' about $50.

That said, it's your baby -- pamper it any way you wish.

I looked at the HD strap. it's really well made. It was $59.95, the suede variety was $49.95.

Music is the universal language.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Jeeze, another "long-guy-lander"

Where on LI Greg? I'm in Oyster Bay (Upper Brookville)

That seems like a lot for a strap, but they are really nice from what I've heard, and they look great. I say if you have the dough, why not, right?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

I've heard about Moody straps and from their site they look pretty cool, but I can't afford one.

Check these out, though - seem to be of the same philosophy.... Italia Leather Straps:

http://www.italiastraps.com/

Much less pricey to begin with. Also, search for them on eBay, they sell straps Buy-It-Now for less than if you order direct.

Be forwarned - it takes about a month to get one, they don't keep inventory but rather they build on order. But it's well worth the wait. The one I have is fantastic. No nonsense, no frills just pure quality with nothing to hide behind.

I put Schaller straplocks on mine. The leather is so thick that I had to use an exacto knife to neatly remove the lining from the inside of the strap to get the Schaller straplock to go on - the leather was too thick to get the nut to thread onto the shaft of the straplock. I did a nice neat job of it and the straplock's "cup" sits neatly flush with the surface of the lining.

I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

ReplyQuote