Clear all

GuitarFlock

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok - I read in OKTAY's signature about this site called Guitar Flock... what's the deal with this site? It looks like a clone of Guitar Noise??

Shouldn't OKTAY be tarred and feathered for this insolence?? :lol:

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I should probably be drawn and quartered too :) . Thanks for the free publicity haha :P

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Get the flock outta here! :shock:

(Just kidding oktay, I couldn't resist! :lol: )

:P
Dan

P.S. Stop trying to clone GN! Bad!! :evil:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

really, whats the point of it?
if you wanna start another site it's fine by me. but we talk about the same things here from what i can tell

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

really, whats the point of it?
if you wanna start another site it's fine by me. but we talk about the same things here from what i can tellYeah, but it's a "niche" thing. for those into Seagull guitars, plus some of the other lesser-known ones like Agile, SX, etc.
I've read some pretty good reviews about some of those "off brand" electrics, the stuff shown on Rondo Music's site. Some day I might want to add a Tele- and/or SG-type to my collection (and of course I'll want to hotrod it/them), and I think one of those will be the way I'll go about it.
(Just one reader's opinion.)

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, but don't we discuss those guitars here? In fact, if I had a nickel for every person who posts on GuitarNoise that "Agile guitars are the best LP value in the world" I'd be rich enough to launch my own rival website.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

GN may be imitated but it will never be duplicated.

GN 4 LIFE! VIVA LA GN!

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

In fact, if I had a nickel for every person who posts on GuitarNoise that "Agile guitars are the best LP value in the world" I'd be rich enough to launch my own rival website.Hey, there's another instance of someone posting that phrase to GN, and since I quoted you, that's 10¢ total. But I'm sure Oktay's not in it for the money. :lol:
And I wish I'd known that before I bought my Memphis LP copy, although I did get a Bigsby with that one. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

GN may be imitated but it will never be duplicated.
GN 4 LIFE! VIVA LA GN!Ditto! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

If you think we're talking about Seagulls here, take a look at the acoustic guitar magazine forums where they don't even refer to the brand by name anymore. It's the brand with the bird that lives by the sea. :) That's actually where the idea for a Seagull forum started. I said I'd help them put the site together and give them tech support, which is what I'm doing. We have two great moderators and many fine users that are taking care of the rest. :)

There used to be a forum for Rondo brands too but now it's gone, hence the special place for the Rondo brands on guitarflock. BUt so far there isn't much interest.

The site is not designed as a competitor to guitarnoise -or AG forums for that matter. It's a niche site that deals with a very specific set of brands etc. I was actually not too hot about adding the other more guitarnoisey forums like Gear Talk, etc but other people wanted it to so they're there. (They are actually not 100% unique to GN either. Great minds think alike I guess.. And imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Besides I just work here :P )

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'm just waiting for dntalb to say, "Flock off!" :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I'm just waiting for dntalb to say, "Flock off!" :lol:

Flock Off!! Yeah, you heard me!!! *puffs out chest* :P :lol: :P :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote