Skip to content
Halloween songs - d...

Notifications
Clear all

Halloween songs - done - now need songs for Bonfire Night?

35 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@aroomadazda)

How about Witchy Woman, Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show, or the Theme from the Addams Family?

I never did mind about the little things

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

LOL....Time warp would be fun, especially as everyone'll be dressed up.....don't think I've got that long to spare though.....
might tale a couple of hours or so just to learn the chords.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

You could do Love Potion No. 9 - fairly straighforward, no dodgy chords (all barres, either E or A form - only 4 altogether, I think), easy strumming pattern (D_DUD_D_).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Hi Vic,

You wanted "The Monster Mash" lyrics: dead easy mate . Here's a link:

http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics/Monster_Mash.shtml#chords

Here's another link for the lyrics to "Devil Went Down To Georgia" but sorry don't have the chords mate:

http://www.mamarocks.com/devil_went_down_to_georgia.htm

LOL

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Do an Oingo Boingo song -dead man's party is good. wierd science. they have tons of ghoulish songs.

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well that went OK....

Took the Squier Tele and the cube (15W), played Werewolves of London, then Monster Mash (got the Mrs and the daughter to do backing vocals), then I did "Wicked Old Witch" and "Eye of the Zombie"...by this time I was on a roll, and the brain cell sprang into life so I finished off with "Sympathy For The Devil"....this time I had the Mrs, the daughter, two grand-daughters and a grandson all going "Whooo - whoooo" in the background....

Everybody seemed to enjoy it, but then again, everybody'd had a few drinks...

But hey, that was FUN!!!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

8)

Great to hear it went well and the family was involved.

It's great to hear the vocals of the Mrs were being displayed rather than her arm strength!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

That sounded like a lot fun Vic. Nice picks on songs to play at a Halloween party.

Happy Halloween!!!

:D :twisted: :twisted:

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

So who was the person that asked you to play The Munster's theme? Or the Addam's Family theme? I know there had to be one..... :P

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Funny, nobody asked for those...although I can't remember the munster's theme, I know the Addams family theme on keyboard....

a couple that were asked for were "Witch Queen of New Orleans" and Witches Promise....didn't think either of them were easy enough to bluff my way through like I did the others....

Next job is a bonfire night party, it'll be 400 years on Nov 5th since guy fawkes and co tried to blow up the houses of Parliament - over here in the UK, we celerate by building huge bonfires and letting off fire works....

So I'm thinking....

"Burning Down The House"
"Great Balls Of Fire"

and then the bain cell seizes up.....

Anyone else got any ideas for a Bonfire Night party? The obvious one is Elton's "Song For Guy" but that's basically a keyboard instrumental....

As always, any suggestions appreciated.....

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Bruce Springsteen: Fire
Bruce Sprinsteen: I'm On Fire
BOC: I'm burning for you

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Good ones, rparker.

I'll add - Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Tracker: My 12 year old wants to learn that one. (him drums, me axe) Can't believe I forgot about it. Good Call.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Burning down the house - Talking Heads

or how about Disco Inferno (Burn baby burn)

Isn't there a Mellencamp song Fire and Ice or something like that?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hmmm...think I can do the two Springsteen songs, Ring of Fire shouldn't be too hard to work out....

Good suggestions, guys, keep 'em coming....

Wish I'd made more of an effort with "Don't Fear The Reaper" for Halloween though....most of it's pretty easy, just that finger-picked bit just before the solo....

Ah well, there's always next year....

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3