Skip to content
Halloween songs - d...

Notifications
Clear all

Halloween songs - done - now need songs for Bonfire Night?

35 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

How about,

Fire & Rain - James Taylor (It nearly always rains on Bonfire Night)

Wheels On Fire - Bob Dylan

Fire Brigade - The Move

I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire (I Just Want Start A Flame In Your Heart) - Dont know who did that one though!

Burnin' Love - Elvis Presley

OK thats enough Dogsbody!

Oh! and Rocket Man - Elton John

Shut Up Dogsbody!

Would you mind leaving the room Dogsbody!

Cheers Vic,

Chris

ps Hm-m I must do something more constructive with my lunchhour!

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

LOL - no, LMAO....

some good ones there Chris, 'specially fire and rain.....it does tend to **** it down doesn't it.....

The one you didn't know was originally by the Inkspots....I think Don Estelle and Windsor Davies did a version in the 70's, so I think I'll leave that one well alone.....

"Fire" by Arthur Brown would be good, but that one's carried mostly by the organ....I had a really ambitious thought, "Burn" by Deep Purple...nah, I'll just put the CD on.....no way I can compete with that, I know the riff and the chords, but it needs at least 2 guitarists or one Blackmore to do that.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

How about,
Fire & Rain - James Taylor (It nearly always rains on Bonfire Night) ......

Isn't fire & rain about the death of his girlfriend or wife or something? Vic could have people throwin themselves into the fire. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

"Vic could have people throwin themselves into the fire."

Hmmmm...that'll save money on a Guy....

(For Americans and other none-brits, that's an effigy of Guy Fawkes which goes on the bonfire....)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gutfiddle)
Reputable Member

Fire Woman by Cult !

Thinkin' bout the times we had
Some were good and some were bad
guitar fightin' the tv
i was thinkin bout you and me

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3