Clear all

happy/energetic songs

16 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@whitneyzeldow)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

So I'm extremely new and looking for songs I want to play. Everytime I see the name of a song on GN, I write it down and listen to it on itunes to see if I'm interested in playing it. The trouble is, all people mention are the "classics" that are sad, slow, and meaningful (accept for some of the faster Beatles stuff). I'm looking for a couple energetic songs to play, but are. more importantly, fun to play. Keep in mind that I'm a beginner. A couple examples of what I've found so far:

"Yesterday is Gone"- Lenny Kravitz (it involves semi-yelling, which I love)
"Best of You"- (more of that lovely yelling)

Oh, and no offense to those who like country, but I don't. So please don't list country songs. Not to be picky, but I can't tell you how many country songs I've listened to in the past month, looking for an energetic song.

(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

blackbird is fun and easy. Non beatles...

Over the hills and far away-led zepplin
foo fighters- Times like these(I like the accoustic version)
And alot of johnny cash songs are upbeat and easy to play (dunno if that falls into country or not...I'm sure technically it does but most people like him)

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

A cool hard rock song is Ain't Life Grand by Slash's Snakepit.

If your wondering, yes, thats the ex-guitarist of Guns n' roses. It was a side project during guns n roses, and later after he quit.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Blur - Song 2 8)

ReplyQuote
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty
- Actually most of Petty's faster stuff

I Drink Alone - George Thorogood
Bad to the Bone - GT

I'm working on Runnin' Down a Dream right now. But will move to the GT stuff soon hopefully.

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

tonnes of AC/DC and KISS stuff.

Back in black is fun to learn... im tryin to get the solo down now...

alice cooper songs can be fun,

and (although they're already mentioned) try blur i recomend parklife and country house as well as song 2

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
(@whitneyzeldow)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Usually I don't agree with the songs that people post, but you guys actually came up with some good ones. I do, however, have an acoustic, so a couple of the ones that I liked aren't convertable.

Dude. Azrael, thank you so much for listing Back in black because I have been searching for that song, with the incorrect notion that Metallica did it and the only thing I knew for sure was that it had the word "black" somewhere in the title. Sweet! I don't care if it's an electric guitar song--it will be mine.

Anyway, for those of you thinking of posting a couple of songs, just keep in mind that I have an acoustic.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'm kind of an AC/DC freak, so I also suggest learning some of their stuff. I played several of their tunes (well, parts of them anyway) for my friends the other night. They sound fine on an acoustic. Just about any tab site has a ton of their stuff. Have fun!

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

ac/dc tought me alot aobut songwriting. The rhythms they use are superb!

ReplyQuote
(@dustdevil)
Estimable Member

"I Can See Clearly Now", if you play acoustic.

You can't play this song and not be happy. I like to capo it on the 2nd fret and raise it up to the key of E. You can play it easily with D,G,A,&C. If your F is pretty solid you can play the bridge as well. My only problem with this song is it's too high for me to sing (even in D). I thought I had it until my friend pointed out I was singing an octave too low. :) This may not be a problem for you though.

It's not a "yelling happy" song. It's more of a "mellow, confident happy" song. I'm getting old. I have reached the age where I don't want to yell anymore (and shouldn't have to...).

John A.

They say only a pawnshop guitar can play the blues. An eBay one does it better. A guitar's bound to feel unloved if her owner plasters pictures of her over the internet for all to see and then sells her off to the highest anonymous bidder.

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

doesnt matter if you're an octave too low. as long as you're in tune. sing my friend sing to your hearts content.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Simon and Garfunkel- 7th street bridge song (feelin groovy)
Beatles- Here comes the sun
Bon Jovi- Dead or alive
Chicago- Saturday in the park
Steppinwolf (sp?)- Magic carpet ride

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

how about..

Vertigo- U2

Twist and Shout- The Beatles

Pictures of MatchStick Men- Status Quo

Your Time has Come- Audioslave

ReplyQuote
(@whitneyzeldow)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

man, you guys are opening my eyes up to song I just plain forgot about. I'm really excited because I have a ton of new songs that I'm jazzed about learning: Times like these, Song 2, Back in black (majorly excited!), Simon and Garfunkel (I feel stupid for forgetting about these dudes), Magic Carpet ride (I think this one will be the most fun to learn, even though I don't think I've ever heard the song in its entirety), and Vertigo. Thank you so much. Some of the suggestions are hilarious to. Like, dustdevil, I think "I can see clearly now" is the most hilarious suggestion. I am looking for happy songs, but that's ridiculously happy. I like the ones that are happy because they've got a good beat and are a kick to play.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Let it Rain is the first one that comes to mind. Energetic, happy. Not "ridiculously happy" I don't think. lol.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2