Notifications
Clear all

Happy New Guitar Day!

29 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Sounds like a holiday romance story - Jason and Tele! Congrats on the score. And, I agree with you about local stores being able to meet or beat MF's prices. I recently got a Gibson Les Paul Standard for $1,799 at a local music store - I think they run $2,300 on MF!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Nice guitar, CNJ!

Congrats on finding the pot of gold in that ever elusive rainbow of guitars! :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Bender, WOW, that was a score on that LP!!! Congrats!! Have you posted pics and I just missed them? If not, PICS! :)

Bish, I played every Tele our GC had as well as all the Tele's our local Fender dealer had. Neither store had very many though. Apparently our area just doesn't sell many Tele's. I guess I played 8, and as is usual with me, the one that spoke to me was one of the more expensive ones! The only one more expensive was a '52 reissue but I didn't like the neck at all. The few MIM's I played didn't feel right. The Highway 1 was nice, but I didn't like the fret work nor the body finish. Sounded pretty good though. So I decided (with the help of the wife) that the extra bones for the Deluxe was worth it.

Can't wait to spend some quality time with it!!! :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Jason:

I think I did post pictures, a month or more ago, but here they are again. The store was moving locations, so they had a big sale. This is what I grabbed:

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Wow! What a beaut! Very nice bookmatching too! I'm sure it plays better than it looks though!

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Thanks. It plays great. Still getting used to how heavy it is - can't throw it around like a Strat or Tele. It has always been my ultimate guitar and now I finally got one! Only took me 25 years! :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the new guitar. Get you a slapback echo and you will be in Tele heaven. :D

Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Hey Jason, nice find man, thats a beautiful guitar enjoy her!

Same to you bender, very nice!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Jason; Cool axe man and I know cause I just picked up my 6oth Anniversary Tele for my 60 th BD a couple of weeks ago. Mine is the tricolour burst and plays like a dream. I already picked the jewel out of the headstock and sold it for an EVJ head.

Wes: A slap echo? man I can't keep up to your pedal suggestions maybe I'll just take out a mortgage on the house and get them all. Still waiting for the compression pedal to arrive. No more posts from you!!

Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

wtg jason,

beautiful axe bro, its fun blowing a grand on a guitar like that lol
i'm thinking about going to guitar center soon myself.

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Welp, got to bring her home today!! I've had her plugged into my Deluxe Reverb all afternoon and she sounds like heaven!!!

Anyway, here are a few pics I took right after pulling her out of her case ...

Front

Back

Thanks for letting me boast everyone! I've been so excited I've been telling everyone, even those friends of mine that could care less about guitars! At least most of you understand my plight! :)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Sweet lookin' axe Jason! 8)

Thanks for letting me boast everyone! I've been so excited I've been telling everyone, even those friends of mine that could care less about guitars! At least most of you understand my plight! :)
I can only image what they think on me at work. Not that I care, just wonder though. :lol: I feel your pain, bro!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

:shock:

That is flat out gorgeous, Jason. Man oh man.

Good choice!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Very nice! Let's hear it, Jason.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2