Notifications
Clear all

Heavy Headstock Light Body

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nathan69)
Topic starter  

i just bought the new BC Rich Bich vintage series and i love everything about it except that when im standing up the guitar starts to lean down wards because the headstock is heavier than the bod. the guitar is neck-through so i cant buy a new neck with a lighter headstock i am sure there are easy fix but please give me some ideas on what i can do. thank you

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Where are the strap buttons located? Sometimes it's possible to relocate the "neck-ward" strap button to fix neck diving (your problem). Had a look at some Biches on line and since I can't see that button from the front views, assume it might be on the back of the guitar near where the neck meets the body. Moving that button out along the upper horn would counteract neck diving tendencies. A picture of yours would help if you can manage a link to one.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@nathan69)
Topic starter  

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question the neckward strapbutton is located on the back of the horn instead of on the horn or on the back where the neck meets the body. i will try to post a picture but my digital camera is broken at the moment i will try though thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

If you can move it more toward the neck along the horn, that will help -- don't go too far (obviously). Another thing some players try is attaching some weight to the strap near the rear strap pin.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote