Clear all

Help Adjusting intonation

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@elpantalla)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, I just got a sheraton and the intonation is slightly off on the top 3 strings. I will play a 12th fret harmonic, and its lower then when i actually play the 12th fret note. If I turn the screws on the bridge, the saddles dont seem to be moving at all.

One chord is fine.
Two you're pushing it.
Three and you're into jazz.

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

DOUBLE EDIT: Ignore my previous edit.

Actually pretty easy to do.
The famous Nils' web page for instructions.... http://home.nycap.rr.com/nils/BasicGuitarSetup.htm

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@elpantalla)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Why is it going to be more difficult.

Like I can get the saddles to move, but It doesn't really seem to help anything at all.

Since I just bought it from the GC a few days ago, they should be willing to do it for me.

One chord is fine.
Two you're pushing it.
Three and you're into jazz.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Why is it going to be more difficult.

Like I can get the saddles to move, but It doesn't really seem to help anything at all.

Since I just bought it from the GC a few days ago, they should be willing to do it for me.

My bad. It should be easy, like what's on Nils' web page. I made a mistake when I looked at a picture of a Sheraton last night. :oops: :oops: I've done this a few times and it's always worked as advertised.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote