Clear all

Help! Trying to find out the artist.

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mark-taylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I recently ran across a blues song by some acoustic guitar player who sounded very old fashioned. I don't know the name of the song or who sang it. The first verse starts with "I ain't gonna let no woman mess up my mind" It is a classic sounding blues song with some excellent guitar playing. Im not as familiar with blues as I should be and would appreciate some info on this song if someone knows about it. I want to hear more of this artist but don't know who it is. Any Ideas?

Mark.

You can ride a Yamaha, or play a Yamaha, it is up to you.

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Mark, I am no expert on blues but I googled it and came up with Guitar Gabriel. "Deep in the South" is the CD, am guessing CD, that it is on.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@mark-taylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Jim,

Man that was fast. Thanks a bunch. If your ever in the Rome, GA area, look me up. I owe you about a case of beer. I tried to google it but couldn't ever get a hit. I don't know how to play it yet, but hopefully I can learn from his stuff and play it before long. That song is one of the few old fashioned blues that I really enjoy. My wife hates it. She says the guy can't sing. Maybe that is why I find it appealing. I really suck at singing, too.

Thanks again.
Mark

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

No problem, just happy to help. I think your beer is safe since I am in Oklahoma :) but you gotta deal if I ever make it that way.

I know what you mean about your appreciation for the guy. There are artist I would have NEVER listened to when I was younger because of their "imperfections" and now I look at them and I am just amazed. I think its one of the things I am beginning to appreciate about the blues sound. The RAWness of some of it.

Ohh and if I could only play the guitar like I can google I would have it MADE!!!

Hope you get the CD. Here is the link since you confirmed that is who you were looking for. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/musicmakerstore/guitgabdeepi.html

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@mark-taylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks again Jim. You are right about age. I am 43 and just recently acquired a taste for southern blues. I know thats what a lot of the greats studied, but just never could get into it. More interested in country for a long time. Since I have recently started playing more fingerstyle music, I keep hearing great stuff that makes me want to eplore it more.

P.S. already placed an order for a disc :wink:

Mark.

ReplyQuote