Clear all

Help with Soundclick

13 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have two (actually three) Soundclick accounts, and I've got them to work basically, but they are a real hassle for me. I know lots of folks here have accounts, maybe you can answer some questions.

First, how do you find the Band Administration page? I simply wanted to change one item in the interview, but I can never get to this page.

Second, how do you add a band to your user name?

I have used their Help page, but I've never been able to find these specific answers.

Thanks in advance

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Sorry I don't have specific answers at the moment, Wes. But unlike that other thread ( :wink: ), I'm with you on this: SC has a lousy setup interface. I will not pay for a premium account until SC gets its act together on this very thing.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I can't tell you how frustrating this is. I have a page for the band Burnfoot Dazzle, and I have no problems with that whatsoever. I can find Band Administration under Account in the top right corner. I have another page under my name, Wes Inman, but it does not show up on my Band Administration page so that I can edit it. I've tried everything.

Thanks anyway.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I have no idea if this will help or not, Wes (I've only got one account and it's always worked fine for me) but you might want to try deleting the cookies on your Internet and start with a fresh slate. It could be that it's reading your computer from the previous times and if you've not used you own personal account for some while it may not recognize you for it. So signing in "from scratch" might work.

Please take into account that this advice is being offered by someone who is next to useless when it comes to computers... :wink:

Good luck.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Are you calling Karen useless?

Okay, login to Soundclick
on the upper right next to the help button is a button labeled "account"
Click it
in the first section down of the next page you should see an entry "edit yourbandname" click it
about halfway down the page is a section marked "pages"
the first line is "edit band info" select the second item marked "interview"

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Usually I don't do the 'logout' so I'm permanently 'login'.

When I load the main page, SoundClick doesn't show me the links to my bands in the upper right zone. Sometimes I must press the 'Home' option and the menu with my bands is shown.

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

let us know how this works out.
i will be moving forward with SC this year or moving on to another site.

excuse #9997 for me is over thanksgiving my basement flooded and all my gear had to go into emergency evac-storage.
funds have been diverted to saving for a stand alone recorder as my pc problems are obviously a fav plaything of the recording god(s)
anyhoo not meaning to hijack, thanx for adding me and i hope you get it working.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Wes,

After hours of frustration like you've had with SoundClick, I came to an "A-ha" moment with their layout a while back. This is your main member profile page. This is the page that shows you all your accounts, (under your picture), and were you can easily edit everything you need to by clicking the "account" button on the top right hand side. You'll see your main navigation links on the left hand side, and to edit your individual accounts, you should see each of your accounts on the top of the page under "band/artist accounts", and just click on the one you want to edit. :) Save that page to your favorites. You can see mine by clicking my website button next to the PM button. Hope this helps.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks to everyone for their helpful advice. I was doing everything just as you said, but it NEVER worked. I sent an e-mail to Support and they fixed it. Before on my member profile page it only showed Burnfoot Dazzle under my bands, it would not show my band "Wes Inman". I could easily edit BD, but could not do a thing with the other account. It's like it was lost in space. :D

So, they fixed it, and I've already been able to make a change I wanted to do.

Thanks so much for the help, I might have more questions in the future. :D

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

they say the whole user interface is changing soon-there is a preview link up on the top of the home page.

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

Hey i clicked on your page and it didn't show a member profile page?could that be an issue?on my site the meber profile page shows all the band pages that i am on.

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

they say the whole user interface is changing soon-there is a preview link up on the top of the home page.

maybe there's hope for SC yet.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey i clicked on your page and it didn't show a member profile page?could that be an issue?on my site the meber profile page shows all the band pages that i am on.

Yeah, I noticed that, so that account is still not 100% functional. On the Burnfoot Dazzle page it does show Member Profile. Maybe I'll send them another e-mail. But I'm happy, at least now I can edit my pages.

Hopefully the new interface will be easier to use.

Thanks again for everyone's help. :D

ReplyQuote