Notifications
Clear all

Hey guys. I am wanting to find a good acoustic guitar that f

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@whitlecj)
Topic starter  

Hey guys. I am wanting to find a good acoustic guitar that frets as easy as possible and has good sound. I have "tinkered" with guitar my whole life I guess. I started taking lessons around the age of 6 and stuck with it for a year or so. I then put it down for a long time and picked it back up a little in college and quit again. Recently, I got on the "kick" again and bought an electric that I have been enjoying and learning a great deal on. I really enjoy the electric for the ease of fretting and play, but I also feel like it is pretty pointless for a "bedroom" guitar player to have to drag out all of this equipment to play the guitar for a while. I have found that while I like the crunch and metal sounds of an electric, I really prefer to play music & songs that sound better on an acoustic guitar. I completely understand that acoustics by nature require more hand strength and force to make chords sound best, but I also know that all guitars aren't created equal and that some just naturally fret and sound better than others. What I am probably going to do is sell my electric rig to fund the new acoustic purchase. I would like to spend between $500-1000 on the acoustic and would love some recommendations on what guitars would fit serve my needs best. Keep in mind, this guitar is not for performing, I play pretty much for my own enjoyment (and my wife and daughters on occassion) and that is it. Rarely do I play with anyone else so I really don't need to cream of the crop (which I know my price range probably want buy anyway). Thanks for you help and suggestions.

One more thing, I would prefer a thinner neck since I have small hands. I really love the Ibanez prestige necks for those of you that have played any of their electric guitars. Thanks