Hey Nineteen - looking for recording of acoustic version

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hello -

So I just bought this book of guitar transcriptions: "Guitar One Presents Acoustic Instrumentalists"

According to the blurb the songs in the book are "note for note transcriptions".

The book contains an acoustic version of Hey Nineteen. I've been looking around trying to locate a recording of this but can't find anything. I know it's not a transcription of the guitar part from the recording of Hey Nineteen that we all know and love (well, except for my brother and my wife, they just don't get Steely Dan to begin with, but their loss, right).

Anybody out there with a clue as to what this might be a transcription of?

(@guitarmonkey90)
Trusted Member

ive seen books before that say "note for note" but there transcribed by some random guy and there his own interpritation of the transcriptions. i have found a recording of the song your looking for if you send me a private message with your email address,ill email you a copy of the recording,you can play it through windows media player.Also if you look for a program called: power tab editor. the sortwares free and its a great song learning tool. I have seen a tabbed version of the song your looking for that looks fairly accurate, but you will need power tab editor to run it.i will also attach this to your email

"thats alright baby i still got ma guitar"

ReplyQuote
(@guitarmonkey90)
Trusted Member

ive had no joy finding an acoustic version,so its anyones guess what the tab in question could be :)

ReplyQuote
(@guitarmonkey90)
Trusted Member

maybe its from a live session somewhere? anyhow, hope you find what your looking for

ReplyQuote