Clear all

Holiday Gear

12 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey, I don't knowif this has been done yet, but I haven't seen it. Is anyone here getting any new gear for the holidays. I was supposed to get a set of pickups for my electric, but the seller on ebay messed everything up, so now I'm not. But other then that, gear wise i'm getting Strings for my acoustic, a bulk pack of five sets of Martin Medium Acoustic. :D Whats everyone else getting?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Alvarez RD20SC

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I requested a variety of pedals including the Crybaby Wah, MXR Dynacomp and Phase 90, and the Boss DS-1 as well as gift certificates to my friendly neighborhood guitar center.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Im happy to say Im getting Seymour Duncan pickups for my Jackson. The Invader at bridge and Full Shred at neck :P

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

All I got was a rock :(

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I'm getting a Mandolin.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I'm getting the stuff down here.

Christmas Gear The upside to being a single workaholic. :shock: :D

I also got an early present. It was the book that goes along with the Documentary Martin Scorese Presents... The Blues. It's a very interesting look inside the blues from then to now.

Hey Musen That's a nice looking A/E. Almost makes me want one. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I know my wife and kids are planning something... I've signed for a few packages with suspiciously musical return addresses in the last couple weeks :)

The only early present I've gotten is a black leather guitar strap - I've got an audition today with a band that works a lot of festivals (150 last year!), and my wife wanted me to look good for it. Guess I've got to wait till the weekend to see what was in the bigger boxes.

My drummer/budding bassist son is getting a bigger amp from me, although not the 2000W cabinets he's fond of drooling over on the internet. The French horn/budding composer son is getting a 16 voice synthesizer to see what he can do with it, and the non-musician/head groupie wife is getting a bunch of big band CDs and Christmas night with her favorite musician... since the kids will be headed for the grandparents that afternoon :)

(She gets some other stuff too, but it's SO hard to shop for non-musicians!)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I asked for a good amp (even mentioned options) and a semi-hollow. :lol:

However, I think what I am getting is new boots and flannel shirts. Oh well, probably better buying for myself anyway. :(

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rob-l)
Trusted Member

Musen,

Looks really good...I like the sunburst finish. I have an RFC20C. When I started a couple of years ago the folk version felt more comfortable. Enjoy it! I'm hoping for a capo in my stocking!

Rob

Well I got this guitar and I'm tryin' to learn how to make it talk.

ReplyQuote
(@nathan1709)
Trusted Member

I've got mine already, a lovely Earthfire Acoustic GA3000S

"This is a public service announcement.....with guitars"

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

New strings for both axes, a new cord for my electric, and today someone asked me how I liked the pedal (I have no pedal now) :shock:

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote